Kh director error:taking to long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed my 6pm test failed. It's been really consistent. Currently at barber shop and log in to see it and noticed the error. Manually started another test. Noticed pH is at 8.17 and staying there. Not dropping anymore

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check for bubbles in the line.
I forgot to respond. I went home noticed no reagent in the line at all. I moved the bottle over and I guess didn't realize it was halfway down the bottle not touching bottom. Pushed line down. Bled the reagent line. And ran it. 3 times. Back to reading 7.6

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would produce an air bubble hehe.

Did you enable the virtual container on the dosing pump? You can set it up so next time
It alarms heh.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As it's flushing. It's reading 11.12ph. What the
Screenshot_20200306-101035.png

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just flushed the system and it's still locked in on showing 11.12ph??????? Inside cell

Now logging in. It's jumping without doing anything. From 8 to 11.12ph. pH probe broken?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my new probe from Vinny and installed it. 24 hours of running and running at 7.8. Which is close to my 7.6hanna. At work. At my 6pm run. 8.5. I said no way. I clicked test again while at work. And now 12.3. I'm watching the test. pH reading. And it starts to drop. Then up to 10. Then back down to 7 and drops. Flicks to 10. Now that it's done. Says it's 12.3. I'm sitting and watching my pH reading in kh director go from 3 to 8 and all in between. When I first got the machine it held steady after a test like 4 or 5. And when it filled up it was high 7. Flickering. Again. On a new probe.

The khd is officially getting unplugged.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got home at 12:15am and started recalibrating pumps.. testing.. calibrated..probes...calibratin probes again this time in GCC not the app. takes SO LONG.like 15min per solution. i put probe back in 4 solution to test if it reads for and it slowly drops and will go up and drop and slowly settles at 4.1 after like 5 min.... its not quick like id think a regular probe? is this normal?

currently trying to calibrate probe again now thats why im up

now it wont even calibrate.... on GCC. im watching the PH actual value change as ADC changes... its reading 10.0 and ADC is 4... and this is the DANG new probe..

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you put the probe in the solution does it go to 4 and when you put it into the 7 solution does it read 7?

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step back from that because i can't even get it to calibrate. On gcc watching it try to find ADC it goes up and down so I watch the pH value go up and down and it won't ever go to 4 and stay to lock.in the.adc. It will.even finish calibrating the pH 4 with it saying 10ph so the adc is high like 49000 or it drops to 4 ADC which locks it down to like 3ph. I watch it skim through ADC for 20 min. It will sometimes go to 4.0 like 45000ish ADC but just goes through it. So I gave up hanged the khd out. Opened it open it up to see if any water got in there and it looks clean. I think it's not the probe and maybe the probe port but it looks clean inside. (yes I cut the warranty tape). Cause at this point I can give a hoot at this point.

Just waking up so I'll be at it again if anyone is on to try to trouble shoot with me

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could also be a bad unit, something happen to the electronics inside that we can not see. I would also get a ticket open on it to GHL so if it is bad they can replace it.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just tried to recalibrate and it goes to ADC 3 4 or 5 which is showing the probe at 10 PH again... theres no way its the new probe that i received... so most likely wasnt even my other probe....

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to Vinny before saying it is void but if it not calibrating then we need to talk to support.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back