KH Director Location

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I placed an order for a KH Director this week, and have a quick question. I plan on locating it about 3-4 feet away from my sump with about a 2 ft rise in height. Will this create any problems with the sample fluid draw? The reagent will be directly under it so no issues there. Would this distance create any accuracy issues? I also placed my pre-order for an ION Director and I plan on putting that in the same location.

Eddie

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I placed an order for a KH Director this week, and have a quick question. I plan on locating it about 3-4 feet away from my sump with about a 2 ft rise in height. Will this create any problems with the sample fluid draw? The reagent will be directly under it so no issues there. Would this distance create any accuracy issues? I also placed my pre-order for an ION Director and I plan on putting that in the same location.

Eddie
As long as you accurately measure the length of your tubing, you'll be fine.
I see you're from Brunswick,Oh. I used to live in Medina. I still miss it.

OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. Figured after calibrating the pump and accurately measuring the line it should work. I mean my maxi dosers that is I use for the AWC seem to run accurately from 35 feet away.

I am sure you don't miss the nasty long winters! But wintertime is the best time for reefing.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine over 6 feet away and a couple feet above my sump ever since they came out. It works great, no issue. The only thing is the acid needs to be close, within a foot or so. I think they recommend under 18”.

OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine over 6 feet away and a couple feet above my sump ever since they came out. It works great, no issue. The only thing is the acid needs to be close, within a foot or so. I think they recommend under 18”.

Good to hear that. Tanks!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sample is fine that distance, just make sure the reagent is as short as possible. And make sure the waste / vent lines are going into a vented container, and never submerged. I had reading issues until fixing the later.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. Figured after calibrating the pump and accurately measuring the line it should work. I mean my maxi dosers that is I use for the AWC seem to run accurately from 35 feet away.

I am sure you don't miss the nasty long winters! But wintertime is the best time for reefing.
I don't miss the long winters but it never really feels like Christmas here. We do have a lot of great Marine fish stores in the DFW Metroplex though.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sample is fine that distance, just make sure the reagent is as short as possible. And make sure the waste / vent lines are going into a vented container, and never submerged. I had reading issues until fixing the later.
It's good to hear I'm not the only one! I did the submerged line error recently after changing to a larger vent/waste container... Great support from GHL - every time it's been user error and never the equipment. ;)

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same thing the other day. My KH started to drop big time. I looked and my waste container was completely full to the point of overflowing. For some reason I didn't get an alarm.

OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't miss the long winters but it never really feels like Christmas here. We do have a lot of great Marine fish stores in the DFW Metroplex though.

Never really feels like Christmas here anymore, think we have had like 2 white Christmas days in like 10 years.. It is the long no sun dreary winter days that seems to drag on forever that kills it here.

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol I used to live in Grapevine/Euless/Roanoke and now live in Olmsted Falls. It's a small world. Best stores in DFW imo are Roberts Reef (Old Fish2Morrow), Franks Tanks, Smayda Aquatics, and Aquastudio (I know Brandon is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly people in the hobby I've ever met. I had significant interactions with him when he used to work at Fish2Morrow.) I have a few others I would recommend, but these 4 are by far the best of DFW.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I used to live in Grapevine/Euless/Roanoke and now live in Olmsted Falls. It's a small world. Best stores in DFW imo are Roberts Reef (Old Fish2Morrow), Franks Tanks, Smayda Aquatics, and Aquastudio (I know Brandon is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly people in the hobby I've ever met. I had significant interactions with him when he used to work at Fish2Morrow.) I have a few others I would recommend, but these 4 are by far the best of DFW.
I agree. Love going to Frank's Tanks just to talk to Frank. I've been to Aquastudio and talked to Brandon. I have not been to Robert's Reef since it opened. I used to go to Fish2Morrow quite a bit. I know the Olmstead Falls area pretty well. I used to work at Cleveland Hopkins until my job was contracted out and I ended up at DFW.

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Love going to Frank's Tanks just to talk to Frank. I've been to Aquastudio and talked to Brandon. I have not been to Robert's Reef since it opened. I used to go to Fish2Morrow quite a bit. I know the Olmstead Falls area pretty well. I used to work at Cleveland Hopkins until my job was contracted out and I ended up at DFW.

Sorry to hear about your job, hopefully you ended up in a better situation. I recommend taking a trip to south Ft Worth sometime to go to Smayda, he's a REALLY stand up guy with quality livestock and great prices.

I won't derail this thread anymore. Just found it ironic about the Ohio/Texas people :/

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your job, hopefully you ended up in a better situation. I recommend taking a trip to south Ft Worth sometime to go to Smayda, he's a REALLY stand up guy with quality livestock and great prices.

I won't derail this thread anymore. Just found it ironic about the Ohio/Texas people :/
It turned out all right. I'm retired. I'll definitely check out Smayda.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back