KH Director PH Probe port leaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so i cannot get the KH Director PH Probe Port to not leak. It does not leak when priming the system or when flushing. But small leaks, drops, are occurring during testing. I have reinstalled this thing like 20 times. Tried vasoline. tried cranking down on it with a tool and do not dare tighten any more.

Anyone have ideas?

The unit is new and the gaskets look fine.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, so i cannot get the KH Director PH Probe Port to not leak. It does not leak when priming the system or when flushing. But small leaks, drops, are occurring during testing. I have reinstalled this thing like 20 times. Tried vasoline. tried cranking down on it with a tool and do not dare tighten any more.

Anyone have ideas?

The unit is new and the gaskets look fine.
There was an older thread on this problem somewhere. It detailed how much to tighten the holder and I remember it was ALOT tighter than you would imagine. I followed those instructions and haven’t had a leak, never used any Vaseline. I also remember having to use a wrench/pliers to crank it.

OP
OP
Mywifeisgunnakillme

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25th time was the charm.... lol... Thanks for the tips everyone.... I opened up the "prongs" a little bit with my pinky. snug fit the oring/gasket with a little vasoline, added the ph probe, tightened well, and this time its not leaking.

How often is everyone calibrating these ph probes on the KH director? Not that i don't want to do this again... LOL

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back