KH Director PH Probe won't calibrate

carjeff87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally had an internal leak so I opened up a 4 day old unit and fixed the pin hole leak in the tubing. The board got damaged so GHL wanted a 50 dollar inspection fee, since I opened the unit up and I figured they would deny my warranty anyways so that's why I opened up the unit. So instead of sending the unit in I ordered a new replacement board, this time I applied a protective conformal coating to protect the board from future saltwater damage. Everything went well for 1 whole day. The next day the Ph Probe lost calibration and read 0 and ever since then It's just a fancy Paper weight all other functions work even the unit says calibration was successful except it reads 0? Anybody have any Idea what else I can do before I throw this unit in the trash and go back to another solution?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have some technical experience with embedded systems, I would look for a serial port and see what it says.
IIRC it's an ARM based SOC and it's programmable through USB, so if there is some kind of a weird issue reading/writing to a particular memory region it should be possible to patch the fw to use another, unused page instead.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 135 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back