KH Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've had my KH Director set up for about 2 weeks. I still can not get consistent results on the tests. I've submitted a help ticket, and I've also created a post on the GHL Forums. I've gotten some responses, but they stop pretty quick.

Current "large" problem: "Titration takes too long" - this is happening once out of every 4-5 tests.

Secondary problem: Inconsistent test results. My manual test is ~6.5.The KH Director is giving results 5.9-6.2 most of the time, but every now and then I'll get a~15 result.

This was a very expensive device, and I really expected better performance AND would typically expect much better service and response.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I've had my KH Director set up for about 2 weeks. I still can not get consistent results on the tests. I've submitted a help ticket, and I've also created a post on the GHL Forums. I've gotten some responses, but they stop pretty quick.

Current "large" problem: "Titration takes too long" - this is happening once out of every 4-5 tests.

Secondary problem: Inconsistent test results. My manual test is ~6.5.The KH Director is giving results 5.9-6.2 most of the time, but every now and then I'll get a~15 result.

This was a very expensive device, and I really expected better performance AND would typically expect much better service and response.

Can you post some pics of how you have it installed? More specifically, where do you have the filter installed?

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pics of how you have it installed? More specifically, where do you have the filter installed?

Here's the setup and filter location:

IMG_3787.jpg IMG_3788.jpg

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my recommendation to you is to redo the tank line with the filter at the end in the sump. I use suction cups to keep mine in the sump. Redo the calculations for the length of tubing and try to run a test. Ever since I did this, it has run flawlessly.

image.jpg

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My KH director had a defective pinch valve on the inside. They helped me via the ticket system and its worked well ever since. Also I increased my testing to 6X per day from 2X and my readings became more consistent.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses. 2 straight gave titration message, but I think that was just break-in, really long run from tank to test.

4 consecutive tests have given reasonable ranges. Hope it keeps working.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine running for about a week now.
One issue I did have was that the filter was upside down and shifting. That meant that there was a different volume of water in it each time. I moved the line around to keep it upright and that solved that.

Another issue I had was that the sample line, when emptied at the end of the cycle, floated up to the top of the sump. So I had a couple of 0 or near 0 tests. I have it loosely zipped to another line now and that's solved as well.

I think I had one titration timed-out. But I might have not been prepared for the length of time it takes and so tried fiddling with the settings in the meantime. My setup takes close to 15mins to run through.

After a couple of days settling in, and using the reference solution to enter an offset, it is running perfectly and consistently (a few days in).

So I'm happy with it.

How often are you testing and what sample size do you use?

Cheers, Tony

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s irritating, yeah.
You mentioned a long run from the tank to the KHD. How far is it?
How long before it times out?

Edit:A service ticket should be your best bet. Remember that they stick to office hours in a different time zone (though my last ticket was actually routed to Vinny I think).

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s irritating, yeah.
You mentioned a long run from the tank to the KHD. How far is it?
How long before it times out?

Edit:A service ticket should be your best bet. Remember that they stick to office hours in a different time zone (though my last ticket was actually routed to Vinny I think).
I've had an active ticket up for over a week. They responded for the first two days, and haven't heard anything in the last 5.

I've been updating daily with what's happening that day in the event someone there decides to pick the ticket back up.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The run from tank to KHD is ~70 inches. I just got a test result of 10.1 which is way outside acceptable results, but at least it didn't time out this time.

I also have the filter in the sump, and it's securely held well under the water surface in the skimmer section so there is no deviating water levels.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The run from tank to KHD is ~70 inches. I just got a test result of 10.1 which is way outside acceptable results, but at least it didn't time out this time.

I also have the filter in the sump, and it's securely held well under the water surface in the skimmer section so there is no deviating water levels.

Is it toward the top of the water level? Once I moved mine to the bottom of the sump secured with three suction cups, the tests were consistent. At the top, not so much.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tested again and got 6.3 which is exactly in line with expectations.

Will test again in an hour or so.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I just noticed my sample tube length was in CM instead of inches; The tube volume seemed wrong... It was off, by a lot (10 ml, but should have been 26 ml).

I just updated that, and I'm now rerunning a test.

OP
OP
R

Richmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, 7.6 twice in a row. I'm going to set a regular schedule and hope it's all resolved.

I cannot thank those of you who responded enough. This has been a much better experience than the GHL support, sadly.

Back