View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total upgrades in sequence of realese

1. Reactor chamber V2 : level sensor and stirrer upgreade
2. KRS pump and motor V2 : more smooth and uniform KRS reagent delivery
3. Nozzle V2 :more delicate and uniform drop of reagent
4. KH.Enhance module : ph probe single enhance and noise elements also improve ph probe sensitivity

to be release next week upgrade
Ph probe V5 : specially upgrade ph probe that target and focus on lower ph range

Very nice, thank you

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my KH Guardian monitor earlier this year. It was solid, but I though moving to the reefbot would let me test more. The hardware is no where as reliable as the KHG is (I'm on my second replacement unit). The test results are well it's just no where as reliable as the KHG.

Anyway, if I purchase a new unit, are these upgrades included?

Dave

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I had no idea about this. I will have to look into this. I’m sorry as I have not read the entire thread, but is this a kit you can order and you swap the parts out yourself? And are there instructions on how to do this step by step?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there be a enhance module that we won’t have to soldier?

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really simple 5 point soldier.

But actually the module KH.enhance is like 20% improvement and the Nozzle V2 is a 80% improvement.

This is why we strongly encourage to upgrade to latest firmware and upgrade the nozzle V2. The Enhance module is like an optional for user that's willing to soldier it.

Currently we having holiday special of upgrade package on sale.

Alex

can you post a link to where we can purchase the units with the 5 upgrades?

dave

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I performed all the available upgrades on mine. Everything was pretty simple to do. Ran into a few snags with installing the new module In the way that it didn’t fit my older main board perfectly. I had to remove some fins off a heat sink and file a small notch in the new module. Everything seems be be running great. I do get an occasional whacked out reading but for the most part it is rock steady. Wish that mine had the doser pump on it but mine is only a monitor. It was given to me as a basket case and with some time and money for upgrades it has been great.
jeff

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feel free to contact me for any question and support.
David was able to get me sorted out with a few setup changes after the upgrades. I’ve been real happy with my unit. I rarely ck my alk with a test kit anymore. Basically only after adding fresh reagent . Thanks for the great product.
Jeff

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of weird how this product is sold. I would figure that CoralVue would have it being sold at several different distributors.

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume CV is focusing their efforts on the Xepta kits. Nothing really bad to say, Carlos and CV tech support have been good for my various products such as Gyre and KHG, but Alex has been really awesome support and I really love my KH Guardian. I will be upgrading my unit to the most up to date parts, but for the Holiday special he is having now, it's a very good deal!

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious if anyone has written any code to dose alk with a simple dosing pump ran off their neptune? I currently have the kh monitor and am thinking of adding a dosing pump to my apex to fine tune my alk levels from my guardian's readings.
thanks
Jeff

jnvd3b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has written any code to dose alk with a simple dosing pump ran off their neptune? I currently have the kh monitor and am thinking of adding a dosing pump to my apex to fine tune my alk levels from my guardian's readings.
thanks
Jeff

Are you wanting the KHG to dictate the dosing or why cant you just use the OSC code to dose and then adjust as needed using the KHG to monitor.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I have an odd one. For the past few weeks my KHG would not draw SW into reaction chamber. I tried to de-gas, purge chamber and everything but I would keep getting a PW<Err even when nothing would be in the reaction chamber. When I would go to degas the SW line, it would not even kick the SW pump on and would give me a error. SW line was clear and not blocked and didn’t even have air bubbles in the line.

So I noticed a burning smell in the house today and after some work investigating everything, realized it was coming from the controller. I opened up the back panel after unplugging the unit and saw a couple of black pools on the chip card. When I plugged in the power, I saw that one of the black tower things on the chip card (sorry, I have no idea how to make sense of a chip card and what part is what) was smoking and melting. I immediately unplugged it. I purchased early 2018 and submitted a ticket with Coral Vue. I’m lucky I was home or it would definitely started a fire.

Curious though, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back