KH Keeper Plus results or Hanna?

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just got the Reef Factory KH Keeper Plus. I calibrated everything as it should. PH accuracy showed 4.0 and 7.0. Reagent 0.9ml RO with 0.1 reagent, Pill mixing speed to low and pumps calibrated. Now my KH results are showing at 7 .18 whilst my hanna tester is showing 7.9. Confused to see which is the correct one now!

1695368811718.png

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd avoid fully relying on any of them! :) It's not so much about one test result but about consistency. None of these devices are perfect. Assess it over a couple of weeks and see how you get on.

I have owned the KH Keeper Plus, I do have a Hanna that I use a couple of times a week as an indication of stability.

I do run a Trident now- with the results compared with the Hanna being +/- 0.5 dKH.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hanna dKh checker has an advertised accuracy of +/- 0.3 dKh.

The KH Keeper Plus claims to have an accuracy of +/- 0.01 dKh (which if doubt!)

So anyhow, based on this data, simple math would suggest that the KH Keeper Plus is the most accurate one :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I would still aim for consistency- and stability anytime though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back