Kick Ich misrepresentation (from LFS)

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks!
So, me, being a beginner, was looking for an Ich treatment for my butterflyfish. Saw some good and saw some bad opinions on Kich Ich, and since it is "Copper Free, Reef Safe, Will Not affect biofiltration", When I told my LFS that my fish had Ich, he sold me the Kick Ich. My fish still died. Upon closer reading of the bottle, in a very easy-to-miss sentence, it states, "not for the treatment of Ich" Wait, what? I guess I learned the hard way between "interrupting Ich at the infectious life cycle stage" and the "treatment of Ich", but I still kinda feel that the information on the bottle is somewhat misleading, or was it just a (one of many) beginner mistakes. I guess I expected more as a newbie getting advice from the LFS.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there are a lot of different types of people who work at a LFS, some are employees who have a limited or no experience with tanks. Some are owners who are looking to make money off a newbie, and some are people who truly want to help. It's hard to know starting out who you are talking to. Sorry you lost your fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back