Kieran's new 900 litre build

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My present tank has been running for two and half years. It's a 4x2x2 Evolution Aqua with sump and has a 5x2x1 frag tank attached.

I've been accumulating more frags along the way and I've ran out of room in my display to accommodate them and I've found myself fragging a bit more often lately also. The only answer I can see for improvement, is an upgrade.

At present I'm using the Zeovit method, which, I can't fault anything apart from cost when I go bigger, and that is the reason Ive decided to go back to bio pellets as I've used them in the past and had great results, and before you ask why didn't I keep with bio pellets this time round?, well I've always wanted to try Zeovit, and now that I have, I'm content and have learned quite a bit on the way.

So this is where I am at the minute.

The plan.... a 5x3x2 with 5x(almost)3x1.5 sump totalling 900 litres, so in total, a jump by approx 340 litres, and saving a lot of wall space in my living room and hiding away the frag tank.

The sump will contain enough compartments for the possibility of going to a refugium in the future, and enough room for a decent sized frag section and any reactors etc that I may add.

From the top:

I'll transfer the three Evergrow IT5012's (Reefbreeder Proton 48 V2) from the display and frag tank to cover the display on the new build and I'm adding an Evergrow IT5060 (Reefbreeders 24") V2 for the frag section.

I'll transfer two AI Nero 5's, two Maxspect Gyre 350's and three Jebao SW8's for the display and I'll use another Jebao for the frag section, but I may upgrade that pump.

The existing Real Reef rock I'm using will stay but be re-scaped.

I'm using Fauna Marin balling with GHL Standalone doser and I will add larger balling salt containers.

There will be two returns in case one should fail.

I will also add an extra Schego Titanium 300w heater to the two existing 300w Schego Titanium heaters I'm already using.

I'll be transferring the Bubble Magus Curve 7 (for now) as it is doing a great job and is rated (low stock) for this tank, so I'll wait and see how it fairs out before considering an upgrade.

I'll be using a recirculating bio pellet reactor.

The stand is a custom built aluminium 45-45 profile.

As the build progresses I'll add more pics and details, so please bear with me, I've never documented a new build before.

So I'm moving from what you see in the pic attached, more to follow.

Thanks guys!!
IMG_4117.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh man considering what you have already done I can't wait to see what's next!

OP
OP
K

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A view of the tank mid-build and I've managed to put together the electrical board. Aluminium stand arrives tomorrow, though I need to build it, so that'll be fun. Slowly wins the race they say!
IMG_4099.JPG
121140427_840961646712747_2346998471661333542_o.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making great progress. Stand built, plywood and rubber matting down, electric board in place and panels for cabinet in place. Just need the tank now ;-)
st1.jpg
st2.jpg
st3.jpg
st4.jpg
st5.jpg

Back