Kind of a dumb question

Mr.Sheffield

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Sleepyhollow
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to a larger tank about 2 months ago with dry rock and sand and rock and a little sand from my two other tanks. Tank has been fishless the whole time. Last couple days I've noticed hundreds of pods and little shrimp looking things on the rocks, sand and glass. I know they are a food source for certain fish but what else do they do? At the very least I guess it's an indication of good water quality?
 
Its funny, because I remember when I setup my first tank it was a fish only. I did not add any live rock, just dead coral skeletons as deco and dry crushed coral but within a few weeks I had pods everywhere in the tank. Makes you wonder how they get there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new