Kinda new, kinda not

Tmart83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reefing forums, well forums in general I guess. Started up my 135gal mixed reef about 8 months ago now. Had a 8 year break after a heater fried my last tank and a move shortly after that. Currently live in Northwest Arkansas and started up again after a friend set one up and started asking me questions!! Been throwing money at it ever since. I know enough to get in trouble and I love leaning more about reefing. I always get bored quickly and with this there's always something new and more learning. Tank info, 135gal mixed reef, mostly soft and LPS with a few sticks, nothing too fancy yet being a fairly new setup. Only added fish and coral about 4 months ago. Orphek atlantik led's, nero 3 and nero 5 powerheads eoth a couple reefbuilders for backup. Only running skimmer and live rock in sump and skimmer runs a couple days a week for now with no issues. Picture from about 2 months ago. A few new things since then.. Glad to be here and learn more!!

20210209_182645.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reefing forums, well forums in general I guess. Started up my 135gal mixed reef about 8 months ago now. Had a 8 year break after a heater fried my last tank and a move shortly after that. Currently live in Northwest Arkansas and started up again after a friend set one up and started asking me questions!! Been throwing money at it ever since. I know enough to get in trouble and I love leaning more about reefing. I always get bored quickly and with this there's always something new and more learning. Tank info, 135gal mixed reef, mostly soft and LPS with a few sticks, nothing too fancy yet being a fairly new setup. Only added fish and coral about 4 months ago. Orphek atlantik led's, nero 3 and nero 5 powerheads eoth a couple reefbuilders for backup. Only running skimmer and live rock in sump and skimmer runs a couple days a week for now with no issues. Picture from about 2 months ago. A few new things since then.. Glad to be here and learn more!!

20210209_182645.jpg
Looks great! Welcome!

Seems you have helper trying to photo bomb. Here whole family comes by at different times to see our tank - its cut down on tv, videos and computer games with our 13 year old as well as 76 year old grandma also living with us!

OP
OP
Tmart83

Tmart83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Welcome!

Seems you have helper trying to photo bomb. Here whole family comes by at different times to see our tank - its cut down on tv, videos and computer games with our 13 year old as well as 76 year old grandma also living with us!
Ya thats my 2yr old! He knows what most everything in there is called. He loves to help more than the other 2 older ones. Any time I play with stuff he's always right there on his step watching and learning along with me. I tell my wife it's for "science class" since we homeschool!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back