Kinda new to reef pi got some questions

jj fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to know can I control two 12v fans like in a desktop pc as and when my lights get to certain percentage in brightness to keep them cool and soo there not running full pelt 24/7

also is there away of putting buttons on the dashboard like the macro tab so I can turn things on and off with out leaving the dashboard

next question I’ve got my lights hooked up and working spot on but the graphs are not recording or showing any data how do I resolve this?

thanks for reading

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to know can I control two 12v fans like in a desktop pc as and when my lights get to certain percentage in brightness to keep them cool and soo there not running full pelt 24/7

also is there away of putting buttons on the dashboard like the macro tab so I can turn things on and off with out leaving the dashboard

next question I’ve got my lights hooked up and working spot on but the graphs are not recording or showing any data how do I resolve this?

thanks for reading
for the lights;
Why not measure temperature there? The logic would allow you to turn it of or even better you can actually speed control that fan.
Working with light percentage works with limitations as if your room temperature changes your settings should change
I would use speed controlled fans they are not really more expensive and the result is more quiet combined with temperature measurements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jj fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the lights;
Why not measure temperature there? The logic would allow you to turn it of or even better you can actually speed control that fan.
Working with light percentage works with limitations as if your room temperature changes your settings should change
I would use speed controlled fans they are not really more expensive and the result is more quiet combined with temperature measurements
I only have the one temp sensor in the tank also I’ve wired the fans up for powering already and there in the light (maxspect razor r480r) not sure how I can change there speed via adjusting voltage to the fan

Upvote 0

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have the one temp sensor in the tank also I’ve wired the fans up for powering already and there in the light (maxspect razor r480r) not sure how I can change there speed via adjusting voltage to the fan
You can get pwm fans (3wire) that can be speed controlled. It worth the extra work as the result will be quieter operation.

if wiring can not be changed you still can do it with pwm but you will need to build a small circuit for it. Plenty on the Internet.

Upvote 0

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any 12v or even any dc voltage as well as ac voltage can be controller by reef-pi, since its an opensource projects with hardware side decided by you. All you need is an appropriate circuit. 12v fan etc are very easy with l293d and uln2803 like chips. Let us know your specific requirements and we can guide you through

Upvote 0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back