Let's have an honest conversation about the dashboard and history interfaces

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doesn’t freeze, it goes wonky and most of the series disappear and will not come back unless I refresh the whole dash. I think because there are too many series or data points. The chart component is useless for me. I have to go into sensor history to do anything. Same behavior on desktop so it has to be a bug or data overload for the component I would guess.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting this?
1697154019416.png

I been getting that connection issue for past month or so. This is if I skip the credentials. The credentials have not been working as well.
But I can connect to it with the app most of the time lol.

I figured reckoning is coming because I have not updated the devices….
Honestly I looked up the update process and I was “no thanks”, I been hoping for years they make it transparent like other devices that need updates…
No. I get a native browser password dialog and can’t authenticate with my web credentials or the default.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I get a native browser password dialog and can’t authenticate with my web credentials or the default.
So I suspect you are stuck on this screen:
1697165177584.png

Connecting directly to the device.
I cannot get past this as well for better part of a month.
Few screens before this it gives me option to skip the log in, unfortunately the alternative path ends up with the connection lost.

Anyway let me know if re-boot works. I rebooted everything in the house that is re-bootable, still same issue. I cannot reboot the network provider.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - i do not get a login screen. I get the native browser security popup dialog (no matter the device or the browser).

I will reboot this morning. I don't have time to deal with an outage. That is the reason I have put off this firmware update since it was released. They are a nightmare and I don't want to deal with a bricked device or restoring backups, etc.

1697199710235.png

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - i do not get a login screen. I get the native browser security popup dialog (no matter the device or the browser).

I will reboot this morning. I don't have time to deal with an outage. That is the reason I have put off this firmware update since it was released. They are a nightmare and I don't want to deal with a bricked device or restoring backups, etc.

1697199710235.png

I used to get that randomly and would have to reboot. One time rebooting would not work and I had to change the IP address to get it to work again. It has not happened much since then and has never been a problem with my lights.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1697199710235.png
I do get past that screen. It is the one after that I am stuck on.
I will try on iMac, it might be iPhone specific issue.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never pay much attention to the charting because I have so many issue with it,

Last evening I setup a desktop session and left the dashboard open.

The sensors are current - so the session is still open:
1697203689140.png

But the chart is dead. It looks like a bug where the view window (notice it says 10:00 am) refreshed itself and is ahead of the current time (it is 9:30am here). No clue what hour it broke. I can't scroll back, select week, etc. or otherwise change timeframe without refreshing the entire window.

1697203653502.png

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1697199710235.png
So I did bit of experimenting and the only way for me to directly connect to P4 is with my MacBook Pro using Chrome.
All other browsers and all browsers on iPhone state:
1697206361780.jpeg

Perhaps some new Apple feature that is interfering with GHL connectivity. Maybe related to the iOS 17, P4 and the app issue.

My MacBook was not updated to the latest OS and Chrome as well, hence my suspicion.

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running Monterey and Chrome 115
but I get the same native basic auth prompt any browser or platform.

Basic Auth is the fallback when a requested page returns a 401 unauthorized

So 401 causes the dialog to pop and when you press enter it sends the entered credentials in the form "username : password" as a base64 encoded string and adds the header Authentication: Basic and sends the whole mess back to the same site that was requested. If you press cancel it still tries to load the underlying resource (page).

So - what is happening in this case is the native GHL GUI login is broken for some reason - Likely, the index.html, php or whatever the default page is, is broken or unavailable, so the browser gets the 401 and pops the basic auth dialog.

I can't remember if this is the default behavior and basic auth is the login method...

but whatever the case is, authentication is not working at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - I was able to update the P4 firmware using a laptop and GCC. The local web login now works...

Updating doser firmware now. I would live to see the day where the whole PAB bus does not need to be dismantled to update devices. But that may be a permanent thing based on the CAN-BUS setup and the way the devices are addressed, etc.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back