Kinda raging, and now stuck with a ton of fiddler crabs....

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased 20 pounds of LR off ebay. (please note this is a half rage/rant half what the heck do I do with them? Post.)

Came in Like concrete chunks IDk about any actual rock in it.....ok artificial but I'm looking at chipped sidewalks.... with some macro's attached will give them that. WILL give them it did have a lot of snails with....and a lot of fiddler crabs. Like at least 12 plus, more crabs then rocks!

I messaged them a Umm...This was not what I thought...was told not all reefs are the same.

Listing claimed 3 years tank propagated, premium reef live rock, guaranteed reef safe hitchhikers!

I am very sure They didnt send 20 pounds... going to weigh tomorrow hopefully that will win me my money back vs trying to explain to ebay what live rock means, what premium, what reef safe mean.

what the heck do I do with the dozen fiddlers in my refugium now!

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed up was more worried about get it safe....as the a PO refused to deliver the package as it was leaking and fell apart....and I was all no you cant return to sender its alive! it wont be by then. Went and picked it up!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have pics? I would be upset as well, you can open a PayPal claim with them because it was not as advertised. I am sure an LFS will take them in, my store has fiddlers.

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastest email is they dont want it back, as I offered..........just start a refund...and they will take care of it. (hope that mean that and yes I did...and kinda ticks me off they know what they are sending!)

Yes I took photos. I sell stuff online... if it's messed up in shipping photos help with the PO insurance. So any box comes in dented I grab photo just in case. Let alone the PO tried refused to deliver cause it was so bad 0o. Got all of it!
As far as damage... from the PO well ya the box was trashed...and I lost four fiddlers.. in shipping and one clam
the what was put in the box here is more the issue.

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In follow up....
rock-n-reef on ebay selling out of Cave Creek AZ is selling BS live rock. Dont buy it.
They will tell you....that the definition of premium live rock is "technical", that there are many types of reefs.
They will tell you to open a return, they will "take care of it" and suggest you throw it away...and then wait the three days to respond, and wait the three days... to every message to drag it out as long as possible.

They also will say that the fiddlers you got are "special" and not like the other fiddlers they have for sale that clearly say not for a reef tank need land.

Upside I called ebay myself and explained...they sided with me and all it's been packaged up and shipped back. Her cost not mine.
but then I did send them the photo of chipped off sidewalk concrete this gal shipped.....

Noobies take note...this is NOT what live rock should look like! This seller had good reviews...dont be adding this crap to your tanks!
13782148_10209973051660473_5868176843426273291_n.jpg

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In follow up....
rock-n-reef on ebay selling out of Cave Creek AZ is selling BS live rock. Dont buy it.
They will tell you....that the definition of premium live rock is "technical", that there are many types of reefs.
They will tell you to open a return, they will "take care of it" and suggest you throw it away...and then wait the three days to respond, and wait the three days... to every message to drag it out as long as possible.

They also will say that the fiddlers you got are "special" and not like the other fiddlers they have for sale that clearly say not for a reef tank need land.

Upside I called ebay myself and explained...they sided with me and all it's been packaged up and shipped back. Her cost not mine.
but then I did send them the photo of chipped off sidewalk concrete this gal shipped.....

Noobies take note...this is NOT what live rock should look like! This seller had good reviews...dont be adding this crap to your tanks!
13782148_10209973051660473_5868176843426273291_n.jpg

Seriously!? I don't blame you one bit. I'd be steamin' if someone sent me that crap.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think phosphates leaching would be the least of my concerns here.....

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in AZ and am curious as to who this seller is. can you pm me her name?

ryansweatt2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that rock, if you can even call it rock is absolute garbage. Glad to hear your getting it resolved. Any pics of the crabs?

Snuffy The Seal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased 20 pounds of LR off ebay. (please note this is a half rage/rant half *** do I do with them? Post.)

Came in Like concrete chunks IDk about any actual rock in it.....ok artificial but I'm looking at chipped sidewalks.... with some macro's attached will give them that. WILL give them it did have a lot of snails with....and a lot of fiddler crabs. Like at least 12 plus, more crabs then rocks!

I messaged them a Umm...This was not what I thought...was told not all reefs are the same.

Listing claimed 3 years tank propagated, premium reef live rock, guaranteed reef safe hitchhikers!

I am very sure They didnt send 20 pounds... going to weigh tomorrow hopefully that will win me my money back vs trying to explain to ebay what live rock means, what premium, what reef safe mean.

what the heck do I do with the dozen fiddlers in my refugium now!
Weird question but are you giving those crabs away? Want to start up with some fiddlers.

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled out every single one I could find and all that live "rock" and shipped it back....much to the sellers displeasure, as she was sure she was going to set me up with a "not every "reef" is the same claim" and ebay gave me a refund. (I did do right and packaged it up so it be live back to her...just for the record)

IF I missed any... which very possible. They havnt shown themselves in refugium since that, and likely died. :/
Id give them if I had em still . The same seller....who I really cant recommend but if thats what your wanting sells just fiddlers on ebay(with a note not reef safe)

Snuffy The Seal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled out every single one I could find and all that live "rock" and shipped it back....much to the sellers displeasure, as she was sure she was going to set me up with a "not every "reef" is the same claim" and ebay gave me a refund. (I did do right and packaged it up so it be live back to her...just for the record)

IF I missed any... which very possible. They havnt shown themselves in refugium since that, and likely died. :/
Id give them if I had em still . The same seller....who I really cant recommend but if thats what your wanting sells just fiddlers on ebay(with a note not reef safe)
Eh, don't worry. I heard they're interesting to watch. but yeah, sorry about that stupid seller. And also, fiddler crabs need brackish water with access to land and are EXTREMELY PREDATORY. These guys are vicious, eat plants and will probably at your corals if they had the chance.

OP
OP
Untamedrose

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, don't worry. I heard they're interesting to watch. but yeah, sorry about that stupid seller. And also, fiddler crabs need brackish water with access to land and are EXTREMELY PREDATORY. These guys are vicious, eat plants and will probably at your corals if they had the chance.

I think it be cool to have a fiddler tank(after the predator and sea horse tank but I could do that) I dont hate them just not in my mixed reef tank and not what I thought I was ordering.
but I do like the idea of a really violent wave tank... tall only filled half way, with a beach and with critters that can deal with that. Dont see many like that.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back