Stuck finding aquarium

CyberNinjaZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks

So, I'll make this as short as possible.

I have a 40 breeder with 2 somewhat new clowns, a yellow watchman and his tiger pistol compadre, a pencil urchin, a peppermint shrimp, some snails, and an emerald crab (that I just saw for the first time in months). The tank only has a hob filter and I don't think it's able to keep up anymore, despite being properly sized. I'd like to upgrade their home to something larger with a sump, even if just by a bit, but I'm finding procuring a tank in my state to be quite annoying.

I'm in Southwestern Ohio, and the only shop near me that will order the tank I want, the 65 Seapora, wants to add $160+ tax to the msrp. It'll put me wrong $500 for a ~$330 tank elsewhere. I've looked at other stores online, which most won't ship understandably, but am only finding $2k+ sets. I only need a tank that's predrilled, preferably. I'm not sure what other options I have at the moment, other than just not upgrading.

I guess what I'm getting at, is if anyone is in, roughly, the same area as myself and knows of a store I could use or someone selling (facebook and craigslist have nothing within 150 miles), please let me know. Everyone has gotten a little cramped it seems and is like to give them more space and better filtration.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or seems like a rant. I'm just at a loss of what to do and feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get a tank from petco and drill myself. You'll save a bunch of money that way. Anything pre drilled with an overflow is going to put you in the price range listed.

OP
OP
C

CyberNinjaZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get a tank from petco and drill myself. You'll save a bunch of money that way. Anything pre drilled with an overflow is going to put you in the price range listed.
I actually did get another 40 breeder a few months ago, but when I went to check it, it turns out it's tempered. I supposei can look and see about their 60s+, but I've heard they are all tempered regardless.

Ill go this next weekend and test some in store.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find a local Aqueon dealer and ask them what they can do for you with this. I bought a 90 gallon and a 125 gallon direct from a local vendor 4 years ago and got a great price. Since covid, prices are up, but maybe you can find a deal.

1712520475671.png

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked on Craigslist, eBay and Facebook Marketplace for Aquariums? That’s where I got my 65, 120 Gallon and a Thirty Gallon for my Quarantine Aquarium. Also I got an Oceanic for Free. Just had to Acid Clean the Aquariums, and repainted the stands. Anyway Repainting a New Stand, is a must, if you want it to last.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks

So, I'll make this as short as possible.

I have a 40 breeder with 2 somewhat new clowns, a yellow watchman and his tiger pistol compadre, a pencil urchin, a peppermint shrimp, some snails, and an emerald crab (that I just saw for the first time in months). The tank only has a hob filter and I don't think it's able to keep up anymore, despite being properly sized. I'd like to upgrade their home to something larger with a sump, even if just by a bit, but I'm finding procuring a tank in my state to be quite annoying.

I'm in Southwestern Ohio, and the only shop near me that will order the tank I want, the 65 Seapora, wants to add $160+ tax to the msrp. It'll put me wrong $500 for a ~$330 tank elsewhere. I've looked at other stores online, which most won't ship understandably, but am only finding $2k+ sets. I only need a tank that's predrilled, preferably. I'm not sure what other options I have at the moment, other than just not upgrading.

I guess what I'm getting at, is if anyone is in, roughly, the same area as myself and knows of a store I could use or someone selling (facebook and craigslist have nothing within 150 miles), please let me know. Everyone has gotten a little cramped it seems and is like to give them more space and better filtration.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or seems like a rant. I'm just at a loss of what to do and feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.
Make a List and go for a road trip brother

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back