Kinda want opions on Kessil light

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting a kessil A160 WE tuna blue light. I wanted to get your opion and personal experiance on it if anyone has any. Its for a 10 gallon nano. Is it hard to dial in amd can i have success with out getting the controller?? Also i was gonna grab a innovative markne top off with the diaphram pump any opinion on that would be nice to.

Dxpert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Kessil. I do think you will have success with it, even if you are running it manually. The coverage and power would be great for your size of tank. I would get the goose neck to go with it. As for the diaphram pump, the head height will only be a few feet. Aslong as you are ok with that pumping distance it should be fine.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my concern with the ato is mainly just reliability. With the kessil how do i determine once i get it on how much intensity and color to set it at?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched over to Kessil in October but I do run them off of a controller (Reef Angel +). I've set maximum color to 65% but I believe Kessil when they say you dont need to worry about the color much. Intensity is a whole other story so you'll have to experiment there but start around 65% on the color. For reference, I run intensity at 40% max (also on a parabola just like color) so start on the low side and work your way up.

31 Mar 2017

8 May 2017

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I acctually ended up going with a AI Prime HD. But thank you for your input.
I switched over to Kessil in October but I do run them off of a controller (Reef Angel +). I've set maximum color to 65% but I believe Kessil when they say you dont need to worry about the color much. Intensity is a whole other story so you'll have to experiment there but start around 65% on the color. For reference, I run intensity at 40% max (also on a parabola just like color) so start on the low side and work your way up.

31 Mar 2017

8 May 2017

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 100 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back