Kessil a80 shimmer

BriansBrain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
687
Reaction score
784
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 24” 60g cube with a radion and ai blade for lighting. I’d really like to add some Kessil shimmer to this tank and was thinking just a Kessil a80 tuna blue.

I don’t really care about extra par just want shimmer. Do you think one of those will shimmer the whole tank? Thanks!
 
The more emitters or further you space emitters the less shimmer you get all things being equal. With the lower light Kessil and extra emitter I would expect noticeably less shimmer. If you want that effect you want a dense array with a lot of surface agitation.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new