Kessil a80 shimmer

BriansBrain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2014
Messages
687
Reaction score
784
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 24” 60g cube with a radion and ai blade for lighting. I’d really like to add some Kessil shimmer to this tank and was thinking just a Kessil a80 tuna blue.

I don’t really care about extra par just want shimmer. Do you think one of those will shimmer the whole tank? Thanks!
 
The more emitters or further you space emitters the less shimmer you get all things being equal. With the lower light Kessil and extra emitter I would expect noticeably less shimmer. If you want that effect you want a dense array with a lot of surface agitation.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new