jeffreefer85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: for a light for the Deskmate 4.8 gallon. I am between the Kessil A80 Tuna Blue (with or without the controller) or the AI 16HD. Recommendations?

Also, what is everyone using for media filtration and where are you putting it? I see the Eshopps Media Tray sold on Amazon apparently doesn’t fit.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: for a light for the Deskmate 4.8 gallon. I am between the Kessil A80 Tuna Blue (with or without the controller) or the AI 16HD. Recommendations?

Also, what is everyone using for media filtration and where are you putting it? I see the Eshopps Media Tray sold on Amazon apparently doesn’t fit.
I'm a kessil fanboy and I really don't think you can go wrong with them if you don't mind the cost. For filtration, you could always get some embroidery plastic mesh (comes in black or white) cut rectangular panels to size with scissors, and then zip tie them to make a bespoke-sized media container. I've done this a few times recently and very happy with the results. Then you could add whatever you want inside, filter floss, bio media, bagged carbon, etc.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my a80 on my 14g cube. It had my favorite visual spectrum of any light.

As for filter media, all you really need is a bag of quality carbon and some mechanical filter. You can add a pinch of gfo if phosphates become an issue.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back