King Kong Gorilla Crab!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
5,691
Location
in front of my computer
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this beast when i first put 20 lbs of ocean live rock into the tank, but I had my hands full and could not grab it. I have been trying to trap it for a week or so to no avail but I could see the bait was getting chomped. Tonight I pulled rocks and was luck to find this diminutive crab, and exile him to the "sin bin". It is literally 1/4 inch across. I can't believe I actually found it. I believe it is a gorilla crab.

His name is King Kong!

kingkong_2.jpg
 
A mini me. When I first saw it, it was on the bottom of the glass waving its tiny black tipped claws at me and saying, "Hey Hey Hey Hey!"

I have not put in fish yet, glad I got him out!
 
I think I've been to the Sin Bin a few times....Vegas right?
 
Put a pistol in there. That'll sort it out
I have or had some largish black claw red crabs which tend to get dismantled. Can only guess it's the pistol shrimp I know I have or my missing Mantis that I've not seen in ages.
Although so far no one has killed my banded coral shrimp. knock on wood
 
Put a pistol in there. That'll sort it out
I have or had some largish black claw red crabs which tend to get dismantled. Can only guess it's the pistol shrimp I know I have or my missing Mantis that I've not seen in ages.
Although so far no one has killed my banded coral shrimp. knock on wood
No sand... Pistol would be sad.
 
Put a pistol in there. That'll sort it out
I have or had some largish black claw red crabs which tend to get dismantled. Can only guess it's the pistol shrimp I know I have or my missing Mantis that I've not seen in ages.
Although so far no one has killed my banded coral shrimp. knock on wood
How does your mantis shrimp go missing…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new