King spawns

@zmanjr11 kingspawn above can get MASSIVE if it wants to and if the conditions are right - super super low flow and they will get huge

It’s single head….about the size of 6-8 torch heads when it wants to be



IMG_4327.jpeg
IMG_4313.jpeg
IMG_4067.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3914.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg
 
I’ve been seeing a lot of adds out there for King Spawns. My question is what’s the difference between a King Spawn and a Frogspawn? Thanks
I don’t think frogspawn grows like this. Both of these are single heads and 4-5” wide when closed
IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg
 
I don’t think frogspawn grows like this. Both of these are single heads and 4-5” wide when closed
IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg
they remind of banana torches that my lfs had for a while that split but for a while looked like a wall hammer skeleton
 
Will jump in on this thread with what I have learned from them. They like low flow and low light. Bottom of the tank, like 100-150 PAR. They unfold much larger than Octo or Frog. The pattern top down also tends to lean into a mandala shape. They are branching and I would agree splits are slower, but at the same time one of my newest ones has been in the tank for a month and appears to be splitting already. Few pictures in my 25g from mid water change last week along with a side view right now of one of them showing signs of a branch forming in the main trunk. I have enjoyed them so much that in my large tank restart I intend to have a small garden of the front center of the tank right on the bottom.
top down.jpg

top tank whole down.jpg

so meaty.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new