Klir controller instructions

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked for info on the controller and what the button is for and what the beeps mean but can't find it. Can anyone elighten me?

Thanks

Patrick Lyles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great question. Nothing found in my search. Strange

Patrick Lyles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this on another thread
The reset button is also the power on/off button.
You press the button briefly and it will turn the power either on or off.
The reset button also is the manual advance button. When the controller is lit and you press and hold the button down, it will advance the fleece roll until you release the button (or let go of the button).
The blue and red indicator lights on are normal.
The PS port is part of the original concept design where there was a safety stop float switch which isn't used for the KLIR, it might be still utilized for their IceCap ATO but I'm not exactly sure but I believe they use the same controller for that product.

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beep usually indicates that the spindle was not able to move and the water line is At the sensor. Like said above if you hold the power button it will manually turn on the motor. I have two Klir units on my system.

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beep usually indicates that the spindle was not able to move and the water line is At the sensor. Like said above if you hold the power button it will manually turn on the motor. I have two Klir units on my system.
Thanks for the info. I've noticed on mine that water pours out of some sides of the fleece which seems to prevent it from raising the water level high enough to trigger the sensor. Have you experienced anything like that?

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reset button also is the manual advance button. When the controller is lit and you press and hold the button down, it will advance the fleece roll until you release the button (or let go of the button).
The PS port is part of the original concept design where there was a safety stop float switch which isn't used for the KLIR, it might be still utilized for their IceCap ATO but I'm not exactly sure but I believe they use the same controller for that product.
Thanks

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I've noticed on mine that water pours out of some sides of the fleece which seems to prevent it from raising the water level high enough to trigger the sensor. Have you experienced anything like that?
Tú have to move he Klir around to ensure you soace
It evenly around the sock hole or change out with a larger sock plate that they provide. Also I raised my sensor higher than where the Klir has it so that it accumulates more and I notice my fleece is much darker and does not turn over over so quickly. I did this by purchasing the sensor magnet from Klir that they provide. My water is super clean and clear.

OP
OP
J

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tú have to move he Klir around to ensure you soace
It evenly around the sock hole or change out with a larger sock plate that they provide. Also I raised my sensor higher than where the Klir has it so that it accumulates more and I notice my fleece is much darker and does not turn over over so quickly. I did this by purchasing the sensor magnet from Klir that they provide. My water is super clean and clear.
It's not around the base where it leaks. It down around the walls where the fleece is supposed to filter. Water streams out at the edge of the fleece. I thought maybe I had installed the fleece wrong but that's not the case.

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not around the base where it leaks. It down around the walls where the fleece is supposed to filter. Water streams out at the edge of the fleece. I thought maybe I had installed the fleece wrong but that's not the case.
I have not had that issue

dmreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my Klir was in one of the filter-sock chambers where there was some air beneath, it would do this. Seemingly because there’s not enough pressure on the other side to keep this from happening.

As a result I did two things: move the Klir to another filter-sock chamber in my Waterbox where there is never air, and also I precisely cut some extra netting from a DIY aquarium cover kit and superglued it into the inside where fresh fleece is exposed to the water below.

Honestly the netting is enough, but I moved it anyway because I wanted easier access to the original filter cup area.

Hope this helps

Chueco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I put the connector in on PS port. The roll kept on going for several feet. I switched over to TS. Hopefully that takes care of problem.

Trailermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very surprising that the sophisticated company, Coralvue, does not address the controller functions in the instructions.

Back