Klir Filter Is A New Adjustable Auto Filter Roll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Klir Filter is a new design for an automatic filter roll (AFR) that aims to bring this technology to more people’s aquariums, and for a lower price. The concept of automatic filter rolls is an amazing invention – having crystal clear water, with nutrient export before they can break down, and never having to wash filter […]

Continue reading...

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commented on the facebook the other day about something else and it looks interesting. Id love to see how to best utilize it though. How do you arrange it to get water to flow though it? Do you need to build a custom sump?

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I commented on the facebook the other day about something else and it looks interesting. Id love to see how to best utilize it though. How do you arrange it to get water to flow though it? Do you need to build a custom sump?

Hi there. I'm Jack, the creator of Klir. You do not need a custom sump for Klir, in fact, the main objective when designing Klir was to make it a universal retrofit to accommodate most setups without modification.

Klir has an open form factor which allows you to choose how to feed it... currently in beta we have the overflow discharging with into the tray from above, kinda how a filter sock holder works. We also have it being fed from a baffle and are designing a universal baffle attachment for this purpose!

An attachment which accepts up to 1.5" pipe and can be position anywhere on along the trays will be supplied with the unit. I will try to post that very soon on the site! Please subscribe at www.klirfilter.com to get updates including videos of it in action!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jack

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to this! I'm currently clogging a filter sock in a few hours, and have clogged 6 in a day.

I'd love to help Beta :)

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for this to be released. I currently have a roller Matt which I like the convenience of but there are several downsides. I'm moving into a much larger system about 100 gallons for the role Amera is not gonna be able to keep up with the flow. I think this unit will be able to and like so much easier than I can accommodate in my upcoming some design.

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for this to be released. I currently have a roller Matt which I like the convenience of but there are several downsides. I'm moving into a much larger system about 100 gallons for the role Amera is not gonna be able to keep up with the flow. I think this unit will be able to and like so much easier than I can accommodate in my upcoming some design.

Yes! Klir will have absolutely no issue handling any flow you throw at it for a 100 gallon tank!

platax88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have added new information and pictures of Klir's modular input on www.klirfilter.com!

FB_IMG_1495710114545.jpg

Kid_Vegas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering the same, they said it would be out before holidays, but that came and went. Hopefully soon.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just have a brand new drop in design, go to their website for update

tonyc4s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just have a brand new drop in design, go to their website for update

Yes, saw it in Orlando. SOLID. Real nice redesign. Will save significant space I was going to lose with the old design. Said it is in manufacturing now, should be out in Summer, hopefully sometime in July. Waiting for the combo pack, sure hope the combo pack does not break the bank. Should sell like hotcakes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back