OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holding the Graft great and as I said it's not going anywhere when I'm at my buddies house I'll get a pic of the frag I gave him

Yea it is doing well. I like how the orange is starting to streak/melt down through the green on the edges! and sweet!

I am trying to get a frag of Tyree Grafted Monti so I can place them next each other and then we can see who is better looking,lol.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is such a nice montipora! And it's compatible with seahorses! Hmmm...

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of my sps and my only 2 grafted SPS. Sorry about the wb being off.

Shto-1.jpg

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember this weird chalice? It has done quite a lot of coloring up since this picture. Uploading new pictures of it now.

UpdateRSM_3.jpg

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pictures were taken under blue and white leds.

It has a green rim, electric blue spider web-like markings, blueish body, green ring around the bronze colored eyes.

Amazing-22.jpg

Amazing_1-22.jpg

Now I have a question for the chalice keepers.

Should I cut off the front 3 eyes seen in the old picture of the chalice and power feed them and try to color it up that way because right now the chalice has nothing to grow on so it grows very slow and its awkward shape makes it hard to spot feed.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions for my question^? I am about to cut corals and this can be first on the list.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow beautiful corals and beautiful photography. I have to ask what camera and lens are you using?

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say give it a shot and let us know what you find!

I went for it, I cut off the 2 best looking parts. I will keep the thread updated on them if things go well!

Wow beautiful corals and beautiful photography. I have to ask what camera and lens are you using?

Thank you. I use a Canon EOS 7d with a Tamron 180mm Macro, most of the time when I am taking pictures of the tank.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my newest additions as of today. I hope they do well. They did not arrive in the best condition so they are currently stressed.

Bought this one as Acropora Tenella, but it might be Acropora Pichoni? Some of the pictures I have seen of A. Tenella look like mine and some look nothing like it. Let me know what you think it is.
ATenellaoPichoni.jpg

Acropora Echinata from Bali-This one lost some of its short branches during shipping...
AEchinataBali.jpg

Acropora Walindii-This one was broken basically in half during shipping...
AWalindii.jpg

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions for my question^? I am about to cut corals and this can be first on the list.

I'll chime in. You should see some good growth out of your chalice. In my experience after fragging and a week or two of recovery, i've found my chalices grow better. Usually i'll have a new eye forming in as little as two weeks and rim growth in as little as 3. Let us know how the growth goes for you. By the way great pictures, I love your tank! I'm subscribed!

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll chime in. You should see some good growth out of your chalice. In my experience after fragging and a week or two of recovery, i've found my chalices grow better. Usually i'll have a new eye forming in as little as two weeks and rim growth in as little as 3. Let us know how the growth goes for you. By the way great pictures, I love your tank! I'm subscribed!

Thank you, I have actually noticed quicker coloring up on the frags while the colony is slowly pacing along. I am getting ready to take some macro pictures so keep your eyes out for them later tonight!

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a new chalice and a favia today from my LFS. Here is a cellphone picture of the chalice.
BlueOne.jpg

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, the tank still needs a little bit of work before any showing.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, the tank still needs a little bit of work before any showing.

Well you let me know as soon as its ready. In the mean time, of you're ever close to Wilmington, stop by. I'd be honored for you to take some pics of my new setup and get your opinion. You've got some serious camera skills. And a great eye for georgeous corals!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 88 71.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back