OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have collected quite a few but I have never shown them off in a single thread, until now.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wants to see a very unique chalice? The most unique one in my collection at the moment.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalice.jpg

Chalice_2.jpg

Chalice_1.jpg

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the pattern and colors are very interesting for a chalice. It appears like there is a rim in those pictures, however there is not one. I wish there was though! Hahaha

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It is flashiest chalice in my tank for sure! I can not wait for the blue LEDs to come on later tonight :tongue:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It is flashiest chalice in my tank for sure! I can not wait for the blue LEDs to come on later tonight :tongue:

Im excited! Be sure that you take pictures of it under the LED's, I bet the color potential of it is amazing under the blue LED's!

Drcook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank!!! I also have the red sea max. I have an acro dominate tanks. Currently showing great growth. I also have the standard lighting it came with. I'm running 2 - 10k ati's, 2- 14k ati's and 2-20k ati's. Have been up and running for about 1 month. Currently suffering from diatoms which I hope will go away soon. Seeing your tank keeps me inspired. Thanks for the pics. Maybe I'll post some pics when mine levels out a bit.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank!!! I also have the red sea max. I have an acro dominate tanks. Currently showing great growth. I also have the standard lighting it came with. I'm running 2 - 10k ati's, 2- 14k ati's and 2-20k ati's. Have been up and running for about 1 month. Currently suffering from diatoms which I hope will go away soon. Seeing your tank keeps me inspired. Thanks for the pics. Maybe I'll post some pics when mine levels out a bit.

Nice, I am trying to get more sps to have a well rounded mixed tank. I have the same issues in the back corners of the tank. They are dead spots for flow regardless of how I turn the 2 stock pumps. I need more flow and I have 2 additional powerheads in the tank. I really need 1 mp40, but I keep on telling myself I am fine without one,lol. Thank you for the kind words!

Drcook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an Mp10 the other day and it seems to be helping. I have to admit I was skeptical with how expensive they are, but the under current has already made a dramatice difference. Probally will add a smaller power head when the acros get larger. The MP10 seems to be doing the trick.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely need one. Once my tank is close to or is fully stocked I will more than likely purchase one. It will greatly help to rid the no flow spots in the tank.

Drcook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Slimer, tricolor's and Monti's are exploding under the ATI's. The encrusting Monti's are gaining almost a 1/8th inch every 4 days. These are some good cheap, colorfull SPS's I seem to be having success with.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have been growing well as well. Some of the sps however can not stand being at the top of the tank while some like my neon green montipora spongodes love the light and grow very fast under it.

Drcook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i also had to move the Monti's to the bottom before I got the growth I wanted. Struggling with Oregon tort growth. What has been the best Chalice for you? Chalices are where I'm headed next. Any advice or suggestions from your experience.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i also had to move the Monti's to the bottom before I got the growth I wanted. Struggling with Oregon tort growth. What has been the best Chalice for you? Chalices are where I'm headed next. Any advice or suggestions from your experience.

The encrusting monti's do not seem to like the high light but the capping and branching ones seem to do well in high light.

Basically all of my chalices are doing well. However if you are just starting with chalices I would suggest one of the lesser expensive, colorful, and fast growing chalices such as:
Miami Hurricane
Bubble Gum Monster
WWC Pink Sapphire
Original Mummy Eye
Emerald Mummy Eye

Another option would be to go on WWC's site and order a chalice or two under their LPS WYSIWYG section. Most of them are under $100 for a multi-eyed frag that is completely healthy. These would be great pieces to start out with.

Once you keep a few chalices successfully for an extended period of time, and you are comfortable with keeping them, you can start collecting higher end pieces.

Back