KLR's Red Sea Max 250---66gal Tank!

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that tank looks sweet and when it completely grows in it is going to be awesome. Good job man. If only I had more money to drop into mine. Lol

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pictures were taken under blue and white leds.

It has a green rim, electric blue spider web-like markings, blueish body, green ring around the bronze colored eyes.

Amazing-22.jpg

Amazing_1-22.jpg

Now I have a question for the chalice keepers.

Should I cut off the front 3 eyes seen in the old picture of the chalice and power feed them and try to color it up that way because right now the chalice has nothing to grow on so it grows very slow and its awkward shape makes it hard to spot feed.

Which ever you think I'll like the most. Lol.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well you let me know as soon as its ready. In the mean time, of you're ever close to Wilmington, stop by. I'd be honored for you to take some pics of my new setup and get your opinion. You've got some serious camera skills. And a great eye for georgeous corals!!!

I will let you know on my tank and if I am in Wilmington. Thank you.

Man that tank looks sweet and when it completely grows in it is going to be awesome. Good job man. If only I had more money to drop into mine. Lol
Thanks! Lol, I know the feeling. I have to spend time (recovery time from my previous order) saving before I can purchase anything.

Which ever you think I'll like the most. Lol.

Lol, I actually do have another frag of that one but it is still morphing so I am waiting for it to stop before it goes anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some macro pictures last night and I am uploading them now. Expect to see them shortly!

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good I like that 3rd acro down!
That monti is bleeding well can I have it back and get you a not as good of a frag haha

mtk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking corals and some great shot's. I am also a owner of a rsm 250. Just curious if you changed or added anything to your lighting? If so can you post up a pic of what you have done or pm it to me. I have been thinking of adding some led's or something atm.

Thank's

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good I like that 3rd acro down!
That monti is bleeding well can I have it back and get you a not as good of a frag haha

Thank you, that one is a Bali Echinata. Hahaha, only if the new frag is twice as big!:neutral:

Nice looking corals and some great shot's. I am also a owner of a rsm 250. Just curious if you changed or added anything to your lighting? If so can you post up a pic of what you have done or pm it to me. I have been thinking of adding some led's or something atm.

Thank's

Thank you. I have not changed much of anything with the lighting. I run this combo 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Fiji Purple, and 1 ATI Aquablue Special.

I also have 3 stunner strips under the feeding flap part of the lid. I plan on adding more stunner strips in the future.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bad news update. My acropora walindii that was one of the two severely damaged acros during its shipping is rtning (spreading from the damaged spots out) and it is not really large enough to frag nice sized parts off that aren't peeling so I believe it is not going to survive.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bad news update. My acropora walindii that was one of the two severely damaged acros during its shipping is rtning (spreading from the damaged spots out) and it is not really large enough to frag nice sized parts off that aren't peeling so I believe it is not going to survive.

Man that sucks. If you've got a decent piece left, take gel super glue and our a bead of glue 1/8" above the RTN. Believe it or not, it'll help stop the RTN from going past that point. I've saved a few acros that way. Lost the rest, but the piece above the RTN made it. Once it had a chance to settle, I'd cut off the good piece and glue it onto a frag plug. But I wouldn't suggest doing it until it settled, stress. Good luck man, I hope you're able to save some of it.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that on the tiny pieces I could. However those were already rtning so I do not think I really helped.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now this one is just a rim and 2 eyes, very tiny. But, it will eventually have a blue body as well.

CoralsFS_6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am liking the colors I am seeing on this one so far.

Acro_1.jpg

Acro_2.jpg

Acro.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to let the acropora anthocercis stay on the bottom for a few days for light acclimation, but when I am ready to place it on the rocks should it not be placed anywhere? i.e. in very high light and high flow.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back