Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you simply use a 1"->3/4" reducing bushing and all is good.
will using the bushing to reduce the diameter mess with the programming of the 1" flow meter or cause any kind of back pressure? sorry if this is an obvious explanation but i just can't wrap my brain around it. its probably bed time.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For implementing more than 4 sensors, I am assuming that you can simply add an additional FMM module to facilitate any additional sensors, correct?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For implementing more than 4 sensors, I am assuming that you can simply add an additional FMM module to facilitate any additional sensors, correct?
That's my plan hopefully if this is correct I'm a have two modules one doing flow the other doing my ato and floor water sensors. But in the second module I plan to have one more flow sensor

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan hopefully if this is correct I'm a have two modules one doing flow the other doing my ato and floor water sensors. But in the second module I plan to have one more flow sensor
I started assembling stuff for my new tank some time ago. I already had the ALD (leak) module and some sensors for that. But, I will have two separate returns (for redundancy), a Turbo's Algae Turf Scrubber, UV, chiller and possibly a remote refugium (for pods and acclimation). So, a couple more 1" sensors and a couple optical sensors will fill up two of those modules. Of course, I would also like to have an optical sensor in my ATO reservoir and maybe a high and low level sensor in the sump. Is there no end to this?
animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started assembling stuff for my new tank some time ago. I already had the ALD (leak) module and some sensors for that. But, I will have two separate returns (for redundancy), a Turbo's Algae Turf Scrubber, UV, chiller and possibly a remote refugium (for pods and acclimation). So, a couple more 1" sensors and a couple optical sensors will fill up two of those modules. Of course, I would also like to have an optical sensor in my ATO reservoir and maybe a high and low level sensor in the sump. Is there no end to this?
animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif
So I to have two returns much like u going thru two sea swirls like u. I was thinking about just having one sensor on the drain but then I realized the pumps might not be producing the same amount of flow but I could be wrong.

Another question to the folks that have this is it better to put the sensor closer to the return nozzle or closer to the pump or does it not make a difference?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a hard time figuring out if I need/want this. What are you all going to use this for? Just to know when you have to clean your pumps?

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know for sure what each of my return pumps are actually delivering to the display and yes when one or both of my pumps show reduced flow for some reason, so I can take care of the issue. For my scrubber, UV and chiller, I want to know the amount of flow going through each of these components, so I can dial them in to the correct amount of flow that is recommended. Is it absolutely necessary to have these? No, but there are so many others that want to have the information that they can provide, that Neptune grossly underestimated their sales and did not order enough units to meet the demand. So there are a lot of reefers out there that want to now what flow rates are at different parts of their systems.

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know for sure what each of my return pumps are actually delivering to the display and yes when one or both of my pumps show reduced flow for some reason, so I can take care of the issue. For my scrubber, UV and chiller, I want to know the amount of flow going through each of these components, so I can dial them in to the correct amount of flow that is recommended. Is it absolutely necessary to have these? No, but there are so many others that want to have the information that they can provide, that Neptune grossly underestimated their sales and did not order enough units to meet the demand. So there are a lot of reefers out there that want to now what flow rates are at different parts of their systems.

I'm doing the same thing. I'll have one on each piece of equipment so I know exactly how much flow is going to each device and to the display. Also putting one on my emergency drain pipe so I can setup an alarm.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remove fins name and add mine (Seems like I copy off u a lot doesn't it) he nailed it

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the same thing. I'll have one on each piece of equipment so I know exactly how much flow is going to each device and to the display. Also putting one on my emergency drain pipe so I can setup an alarm.
That's another good idea on the emergency drain triggering an alarm. I hadn't thought of that.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the emergency line (I like the idea too) that would be expensive u would need a two inch sensor if ur running a 1.5 inch pipe wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to have it drain onto a water lead detector? It's 75 dollars cheaper. U don't need to know the flow u just need to know there is flow.

That was my idea for the emergency line

KingJason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on the emergency line (I like the idea too) that would be expensive u would need a two inch sensor if ur running a 1.5 inch pipe wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to have it drain onto a water lead detector? It's 75 dollars cheaper. U don't need to know the flow u just need to know there is flow.

That was my idea for the emergency line

That's true. You could do that too. I've already purchased all my parts so I guess I went the spendy way.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's true. You could do that too. I've already purchased all my parts so I guess I went the spendy way.
Gangster

Or u can switch it to ur full syphon line and see if ur pump output is matching the drainage just a thought

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ETA on when the FMMs and 1" Flow Sensors might be getting in the hands of vendors again?

reefandriver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to use this for ATO with the optical sensor and solenoid. Does the optical sensor have to be mounted a certain way? Vertically, horizontally.....?

DBR_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to use this for ATO with the optical sensor and solenoid. Does the optical sensor have to be mounted a certain way? Vertically, horizontally.....?
They can be mounted in any orientation. It might be worth waiting for the atk though if you want to do an apex ato.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being officially out is worthless, being in stock is what counts. Still can't buy this thing at bulk reef supply, marine depot, etc. So I have to say it really isn't out.

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrance made a post (on the Neptune forums I think) earlier this week stating that they had exponentially more demand than expected but they're getting caught up now and stores should start to be "in stock" soon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back