Flow Recommendations

liamelias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only really have a return pump as my main flow. I’m considering buying a powerhead because i get detritus build up on the rocks and lots of GHA growth. Do you guys have reccos on placement? I have a bubble, two zoa colonies and a GSP taking over the back wall. I know these are low flow corals but wonder any reccos. Thank you. Picture attached below

IMG_5138.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anywhere should work, place it where its less visible, you can direct the flow to cover the whole tank.

Make sure you have the surface of the water moving with either the return flow or the powerhead, this helps rid co2 from the water and improves the oxygen available to the tank and also helps improve ph.

OP
OP
liamelias

liamelias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anywhere should work, place it where its less visible, you can direct the flow to cover the whole tank.

Make sure you have the surface of the water moving with either the return flow or the powerhead, this helps rid co2 from the water and improves the oxygen available to the tank and also helps improve ph.
Oh yes, think my PH is 8.3 and have good surface movement with return flow. Hoping a powerhead can just add better flow to the tank

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back