Koji Wade Pink Nepthea! Do YOU have it?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of those soft coral junkies dream about.. one that has eluded a lot of people and seemingly cannot be bought at some points. Well I am one of the lucky ones here to tell you I was able to snag a frag at a fairly decent price from @uniquecorals (going for lineage and price) and got a small I would say 3/4" frag sent out to me when I had seen someone on a thread here at R2R say...

"Oh I just saw they put a couple frags up on their WYSIWYG section today"

Immediately I shot over to the site and snagged a frag.. Was sent out to the Lagoon and looked like this...

TA-DA!!
IMG_6996.jpg

But as time passed the piece got more and more spectacular! And now is one of my proudest pieces of my underwater garden!

Here is a growth update up until just January of this year!
IMG_6997.jpg

It has truly blossomed into my Japanese Koji Tree, and I love it. Who else has been lucky enough as a softie reef keeper to snag a frag of this? Also... This is not just some Kenya Tree when I hear that it makes me wanna smack em... LOL this is a Koji Wade Pink Nepthea and its by far one of my most favorite and beautiful corals in the King Tide Lagoon.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of those soft coral junkies dream about.. one that has eluded a lot of people and seemingly cannot be bought at some points. Well I am one of the lucky ones here to tell you I was able to snag a frag at a fairly decent price from @uniquecorals (going for lineage and price) and got a small I would say 3/4" frag sent out to me when I had seen someone on a thread here at R2R say...

"Oh I just saw they put a couple frags up on their WYSIWYG section today"

Immediately I shot over to the site and snagged a frag.. Was sent out to the Lagoon and looked like this...

TA-DA!!
IMG_6996.jpg

But as time passed the piece got more and more spectacular! And now is one of my proudest pieces of my underwater garden!

Here is a growth update up until just January of this year!
IMG_6997.jpg

It has truly blossomed into my Japanese Koji Tree, and I love it. Who else has been lucky enough as a softie reef keeper to snag a frag of this? Also... This is not just some Kenya Tree when I hear that it makes me wanna smack em... LOL this is a Koji Wade Pink Nepthea and its by far one of my most favorite and beautiful corals in the King Tide Lagoon.
Lucky.
I lost mine from Sang Lee due to high nitrates :(
Beautiful.

Let me know when you frag it :)

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one which I recently bought from uniquecorals. This is my third, my first only live for a while then the second melted when I am in the process of transferring my corals to a new tank (it was in a plastic bin and my heater cooked most of my corals at 86-88F). Hopefully this time this one will live a long happy life in my tank.

BrandoNy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my koji. I got it about a year ago as a 1” stock frag from UC.

Attachments

• D5C37661-5C0A-40E6-B8A0-88B1A2610A95.jpeg
    D5C37661-5C0A-40E6-B8A0-88B1A2610A95.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 118

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back