Kole tang trauma

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by mcs, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mcs

mcs Well-Known Member

We have a healthy tang who was treated for four weeks with copper, was treated with prazipro, then watched in observation tank. He is a skiddish fish, so I asked for help putting him in display. I did not witness the transfer, but I know it involved a net. Right after the transfer we noticed two pale spots on his side which he did not have before. He seems very happy in his new home. Should I prophylactically treat him?

Tags:

2. bean2986

bean2986 Well-Known Member CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

Post pictures if you can. Might just be marks from him bumping into the rockwork as he gets used to his new home.

Humblefish and mcs like this.
  3. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member 2018

Agree with above, pics are needed here

4. mcs

mcs Well-Known Member

Will try. Haven't been able to yet. Maybe tomorrow when light is better.

Humblefish likes this.
  5. mcs

mcs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spots seem less notice less in morning light.

6. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Partner Member 2018

mcs, Flippers4pups and lagatbezan like this.
  7. lagatbezan

lagatbezan Well-Known Member

Is it more like a white discoloration?
    Mine got that when I first added her to my dt and it was due to the PB showing her who the boss is and then it went away after a couple of days, so my guess would be either the net, other fish aggression or it scraped it on a rock or something; mine is very active swimming all day grazing between all the rocks in the tank. As long as its eating and acting normal I would just keep an eye on it and see how it does just like Humblefish suggested.
    They tend to be very skittish and shy fish specially when first acquired. Mine didnt eat for over 4 weeks while in qt and would hide as soon as it would see me coming from across the room. now its out in the open grazing all day long in the display.

Humblefish, mcs and ngoodermuth like this.
  8. mcs

mcs Well-Known Member

Back to normal color. He seems comfortable in his new home. Thanks for the help.

Humblefish likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted