Koralia va RBTA

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home tonight to find my RBTA had climbed atop one of my koralias and had been partially sucked in. I had to even cut some of the plastic on the guard of the koralia to get him out. I thought for sure he would be dead. His foot was torn and he was looking none too good. Probably 1/2 of his foot inside the koralia. I was finally able to get him out. After he stung me good, I knew he was still alive. I placed him up under some rocks. He attached right away, so maybe he will be okay, if his clowns will leave him along and let him heal!! Anyone else with a story about a nem in a powerhead??

Last edited:

BigRedSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had one get sucked in 3 times in a week but I would turn off the power head and let the nem get out its self to prevent anymore damage

SNAKEMANVET

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My H mag got into my vortech,it nuked the tank.Killed seven fish,the clowns made it through.I had the foam guard on the vortech but the anemone pulled it partly off got several tentacles chopped off.that was 6 months ago and the mag has recovered and doing great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is doing great tonight. He appears fully recovered and both clowns are in him. Hope he learned his lesson about the koralia!!!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back