Korallin C1502 Setup Help Needed

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled my Korallin reactor from the attic in anticipation of setting it up on my new tank, but need some help getting it all put together again and I think I might be missing some bits and parts. Got a couple questions:
  • Feed Pump: I seem to recall having a feed pump, but can't recall what I used. Can someone recommend a replacement?
  • CO2: Can 'paintball' style CO2 canister be used since I have some space constraints? If so, likewise, a recommendation is appreciated
  • Regulator: I know dual-stage is preferred, does this one seem alright (again, space constraints)? (FZone) or should I go with this one (InkBird)
  • Gas Supply: Does the source of CO2 matter? IOW does having a canister filled at a beverage supplier vs a paintball store make a difference?
Am I missing anything else? Can you spot anything missing from the connectors or other configuration?

Thanks in advance!

20220810_135430.jpg

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used a Tom's Luft pump back when I had mine running.

If you can afford it, I'd suggest getting one of the electronic regulator\bubble counter. One version of CarbonDoser has been discontinued, but I think there is another.

Not sure about the small CO2 tank; you may have an issue with the regulator.

Regarding the quality of CO2, you may want to check with the paintball company to see what they use...might be the same thing.

rah_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have bought a Korallin Sulphur Denitrator. My question is that it says to use an Eheim Universal Pump with it but I am in India and the voltage here is 220-240 unlike in the USA which I think is around 110-120V. The Eheim universal pump needs 110v to run otherwise it will burn at 220-240. To be honest I burnt one a few days back within minutes as I had not researched well. Now I understand that I need to buy a voltage transformer to run it. That in its own is a Separate machine. I wonder if I can use Sicce Syncra 0.5 with the Korallin Sulphur Denitrator. Will it fit with some adjustments. I use Sicce pumps as they are for 220-240 V and also it saves me the hassle of connecting a voltage transformer. Pls give me your suggestions.

Thanks.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Just pulled my Korallin reactor from the attic in anticipation of setting it up on my new tank, but need some help getting it all put together again and I think I might be missing some bits and parts. Got a couple questions:
  • Feed Pump: I seem to recall having a feed pump, but can't recall what I used. Can someone recommend a replacement?
  • CO2: Can 'paintball' style CO2 canister be used since I have some space constraints? If so, likewise, a recommendation is appreciated
  • Regulator: I know dual-stage is preferred, does this one seem alright (again, space constraints)? (FZone) or should I go with this one (InkBird)
  • Gas Supply: Does the source of CO2 matter? IOW does having a canister filled at a beverage supplier vs a paintball store make a difference?
Am I missing anything else? Can you spot anything missing from the connectors or other configuration?

Thanks in advance!

20220810_135430.jpg
Sicce pump is easy and durable for a feed pump.

co2 from paintball store is fine!

that inkbird regulator is fine. If you want to spend the money on expensive gadgets then yes carbon doser! Rather as well get a Kamoer Fx stp pump while you’re at it ($) lol YOU DONT need the fancy gadgets to be successful.

I’d say co2 tank minimum should be 5 lb to prevent making trips . Also, when your corals get stability why would you want to interrupt it to make 4 trips a year when it can be two?

Nice setup by the way

OP
OP
Rovert

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disagree with @jmichaelh7, a friend who works for AirGas advises that the quality standards for paintball are not the same as food grade required for a reef. Is it really worth the risk?

As to the pump, since the only primary function the Eheim performs is to mash the CO2 and circulate in the chamber, I agree with @Blue Spot Octopus and @jmichaelh7 and can't think of a reason that a Sicce can't do the same thing.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Disagree with @jmichaelh7, a friend who works for AirGas advises that the quality standards for paintball are not the same as food grade required for a reef. Is it really worth the risk?

As to the pump, since the only primary function the Eheim performs is to mash the CO2 and circulate in the chamber, I agree with @Blue Spot Octopus and @jmichaelh7 and can't think of a reason that a Sicce can't do the same thing.
Thanks for the clarification!

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are positively using Paintball cylinders, but you need an adaptor. BRS sells it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back