Kore 5th Doser went south - What am I replacing it with ?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd Kore 5th Doser that has failed. If you know anything about these units, they are all in one, AWC, ATO, 5 Channel dosing, temp sensor. So Now I need an auto water change system, an auto top off system, a minimum 4 channel doser, 5 if I count my kalk stirrer feed. What is my best route to go to fill all those shoes. I'm NOT moving to apex as my entire system is programmed through Control4 home automation. Let the ideas start flowing !!!! Thanks to everyone in advance for your ideas and recommendations. Picture just for attention
IMG_0909(Edited).jpg

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your into automation why not go the reefpi\reefberry route?

What failed on the kore5th? I just got a 7th with the alk controller. Anything I should be aware of?

OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your into automation why not go the reefpi\reefberry route?

What failed on the kore5th? I just got a 7th with the alk controller. Anything I should be aware of?
All I can say is the support timing is difficult as they are in Germany, so help and trouble shooting only happens between Midnight and 5 am for me here in the US on the east coast. This is my second unit that has loccked up and failed to respond to firmware and software rebuilds and team viewer log in from Pacific Sun attempting all the programming. The first one was out of warranty, had to speand $600.00 on new one. The second one is out of warranty by 1 week, they will not replace it, but offered for me to pay for shipping there and back and they will attempt to fix it. I've requested RMA's and documentation of the agreed repair, but they have now went radio silent. I will give it till monday, as maybe they have already went home for the day, but I'm not sure I want to pay for all the international shipping there and back without a agreement in writing that they will repair it for me. Seems odd as soon as I requested that, he logged off Team Viewer without as so much an answer or plan for moving forward with repair. I will give them the benefit of the doubt of timing and friday end of work day, but if I get nothing next Monday, I guess im up a creek without a paddle. At that point I will move on to a USA based support company that is more reliable.

hmmmmm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is the support timing is difficult as they are in Germany, so help and trouble shooting only happens between Midnight and 5 am for me here in the US on the east coast. This is my second unit that has loccked up and failed to respond to firmware and software rebuilds and team viewer log in from Pacific Sun attempting all the programming. The first one was out of warranty, had to speand $600.00 on new one. The second one is out of warranty by 1 week, they will not replace it, but offered for me to pay for shipping there and back and they will attempt to fix it. I've requested RMA's and documentation of the agreed repair, but they have now went radio silent. I will give it till monday, as maybe they have already went home for the day, but I'm not sure I want to pay for all the international shipping there and back without a agreement in writing that they will repair it for me. Seems odd as soon as I requested that, he logged off Team Viewer without as so much an answer or plan for moving forward with repair. I will give them the benefit of the doubt of timing and friday end of work day, but if I get nothing next Monday, I guess im up a creek without a paddle. At that point I will move on to a USA based support company that is more reliable.

Poland to be specific. I've had contact multiple times via email for both sales and support and they have always responded quickly (within 1 to 2 days). Hopefully they can sort it out for you.

Just a little tip; in the EU there are some consumer laws that state you can expect a certain 'lifetime' out of a product. So a refrigerator for example should last multiple years for example, maybe even 10. If it suddenly stops working after 2 years and your out of warranty you can still claim it under this law. Offcourse not easy to make a case for this but still.. a 600 dollar dosing pump should last more than a year I would say.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back