Kraken v. ClearView

  • Thread starter Thread starter becky46
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hadn't heard of them until I read your post and decided to google... It's unfortunate he just says "clear plastic" and not the specific type of plastic he's using... Acrylic, Polycarbonate, etc. Some plastics will bow or sag over time, especially some types of acrylic. Acrylic and other clear plastics will also brown/yellow over time (moreso than polycarbonate). And lastly this statement, which kind of has me laughing...
1663715657817.png

Octo Aquatics is a sponsor here and has done giveaways before. You could ask him to clarify.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/octo-aquatics.933/
 
Last edited:
I can't speak to the others but I purchased a Kraken standard lid for my Waterbox. It was shipped quickly and arrived perfectly fine. The lid is thick, well-made and fits exactly the aquarium's dimensions. I also love the feeding hole and the feeding cup that goes along with it.

I highly recommend them.
 
That's great... but still wish they'd list what kind of plastic they're using instead of "Clear Plastic". And in order to claim IP, unfortunately, you need a patent, which I don't see anywhere...

You could ask him to clarify I mean... IDK why his website says plastic, when you look at sump lids it says polycarbonate.

His communication was top notch.
 
Clearview here for over 3 years with the joints and zero issues. But it's a reefer 170 so not to big. Have no experience with any one else but some of the single peice lids do look very nice.
You got the modular one right? Any issue with salt creep on the joints?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new