KRAUSE's 60 gallon cube

KRAUSE

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Location
Algoma, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I knew I had to register when I saw the Club Cube section! (great idea)
I have been in the hobby since I was 11 (3 years ago). This tank is a recent upgrade from a standard dimension 29 gallon. I have a mix of SPS and LPS and I am undecided about which direction I want to take the tank in...
I feed my corals with PhytoPlan and ZoPlan every other day. The opposite days I feed my fish.
Fish:
2 blue/green chromis
1 Juvenile Maroon clown
1 Tanaka's pygmy wrasse (possum wrasse)

DSC_0019.jpg

CSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024NEF.jpg
 
DSC_0025.jpg


If anyone has question or feed back, please feel free to post!
 
Last edited:
My current skimmer is a eshopps psk 100 HOB, it overflowed on to the carpet. I have decided to upgrade to an in-sump skimmer. I want to stay under $250 if possible. So far I like the Euro reef RS-80 and the SWC 120 cone. Which would you prefer? Any other suggestions?
Thanks
 
First post, last pic, the rock all the way to the left looks like a grumpy teddy bear with that reflection :xd:.
Tank and aquascaping look nice.
 
congrats on the upgrade! Looks like a great start so far, looking forward to seeing how it progresses!
 
First post, last pic, the rock all the way to the left looks like a grumpy teddy bear with that reflection :xd:.
Tank and aquascaping look nice.

took me a few minutes, but it realy does look like a grumpy teddy bear! :smile:
 
My current skimmer is a eshopps psk 100 HOB, it overflowed on to the carpet. I have decided to upgrade to an in-sump skimmer. I want to stay under $250 if possible. So far I like the Euro reef RS-80 and the SWC 120 cone. Which would you prefer? Any other suggestions?
Thanks

I've been running an SWC 120 for about a year now and love it. Very easy to adjust and maintain.
 
That's a great start to your tank and you've done a very good job with the pictures.

CJ
 
nice looking tank...i have a swc 150, but i think the 120 cone would be good for that tank, or the 150
 
Thanks, I think I am going to buy the swc 150 tomorrow.

Good call. I have the 160 cone and love it. I think you'll be very happy with yours.

CJ
 
I just bought the SWC BMK 150. It is estimated to arrive on Wednesday. I will take pictures and make updates on the skimmers performance.
 
Is your last name Krause? Cause mine is Krausen, haha.

Looks like you got some fuzzy sticks in there :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new