Krok's IM 25 Fusion Lagoon

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right after making the decision to do an upgrade transfer on the IM 14 Peninsula I settled on the IM Fusion Pro 25 Lagoon.

This wasnt a full reset but is an upgrade. I dont have the space to cycle a new tank, so I researched other methods of upgrading and what I found was to move all liverock and as much of the water from old tank to new tank and not increase bio load for a while.

As for equipment

IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 25 Lagoon

IM Skimmer (Transferred) [Left Skimmer/Reactor Chamber]

IM media basket [Left Overflow Chamber]

InTank media basket (Transferred) [Right
Overflow Chamber]

JBJ True Temp Digital Controller w/ Titanium Heater 150W [Right Skimmer/Reactor Chamber]

Mightyjet DC return pump 326gph [Return Chamber]

Redsea Reefwave 25 mounted vertical between returns on back wall.

8 lbs of live rock (Transferred)

Approximately 20 lbs of AquaMaxx dry live rock by Marco Rocks

Lifeguard Aquatics big digital thermometer. [Probe in right chamber]

IM Titanium ATO System w/ 5 Gallon reservoir (Transferred)

AI Prime (Transferred)

Testing

Redsea Pro line of test kits
Foundation
Trace Elements
Algae

Marinedepot Refractometer

Dosing

Redsea Additives
Foundation parts a,b,c
Trace Elements
No3x-Po4x
Coral Elements

Water

Premixed from lfs as my water where I live is so bad using an ro system would cost me a fortune in resin cartridges

Top off water is to water that I test for impurities from walmart. So far I've havent got a single batch that was no good. If you have crappy water like me it is a great way to save a few bucks on to water.

Livestock (All Transferred from IM 14)

1 Platinum Clownfish (Lightning)

1 Scarlet legged hermit (Ms. Scarlet)

2 Bumblebee snails

1 Cerith snail

4 - 5 Astrea Starfish

2 - 3 Stomatella snails

1 3 polyp Hulk Acan

1 Red/Orange/Blue Acan (9 - 10 polyps)

1 Superman Monti (Recovering)

1 Blue Digitata Monti

2 Hammer Corals

1 3 polyp nuclear death paly

1 4 polyp purple death paly

1 Radioactive Dragon's Eye zoa (unsure of polyp count)

1 Recovering unknown zoa

1 Red Zed Colony (Recovering)

1 small colony of Metallic Green GSP

Other monti and zoa I will have to remember what they are and update this with their names.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right after making the decision to do an upgrade transfer on the IM 14 Peninsula I settled on the IM Fusion Pro 25 Lagoon.

This wasnt a full reset but is an upgrade. I dont have the space to cycle a new tank, so I researched other methods of upgrading and what I found was to move all liverock and as much of the water from old tank to new tank and not increase bio load for a while.

As for equipment

IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 25 Lagoon

IM Skimmer (Transferred) [Left Skimmer/Reactor Chamber]

IM media basket [Left Overflow Chamber]

InTank media basket (Transferred) [Right
Overflow Chamber]

JBJ True Temp Digital Controller w/ Titanium Heater 150W [Right Skimmer/Reactor Chamber]

Mightyjet DC return pump 326gph [Return Chamber]

Redsea Reefwave 25 mounted vertical between returns on back wall.

8 lbs of live rock (Transferred)

Approximately 20 lbs of AquaMaxx dry live rock by Marco Rocks

Lifeguard Aquatics big digital thermometer. [Probe in right chamber]

IM Titanium ATO System w/ 5 Gallon reservoir (Transferred)

AI Prime (Transferred)

Testing

Redsea Pro line of test kits
Foundation
Trace Elements
Algae

Marinedepot Refractometer

Dosing

Redsea Additives
Foundation parts a,b,c
Trace Elements
No3x-Po4x
Coral Elements

Water

Premixed from lfs as my water where I live is so bad using an ro system would cost me a fortune in resin cartridges

Top off water is to water that I test for impurities from walmart. So far I've havent got a single batch that was no good. If you have crappy water like me it is a great way to save a few bucks on to water.

Livestock (All Transferred from IM 14)

1 Platinum Clownfish (Lightning)

1 Scarlet legged hermit (Ms. Scarlet)

2 Bumblebee snails

1 Cerith snail

4 - 5 Astrea Starfish

2 - 3 Stomatella snails

1 3 polyp Hulk Acan

1 Red/Orange/Blue Acan (9 - 10 polyps)

1 Superman Monti (Recovering)

1 Blue Digitata Monti

2 Hammer Corals

1 3 polyp nuclear death paly

1 4 polyp purple death paly

1 Radioactive Dragon's Eye zoa (unsure of polyp count)

1 Recovering unknown zoa

1 Red Zed Colony (Recovering)

1 small colony of Metallic Green GSP

Other monti and zoa I will have to remember what they are and update this with their names.
Sounds cool. We wanna see it :)

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a really crappy one all I got for now till everything settles in.

20200518_193133.jpg

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I haven't made any updates but I let myself get inside my own head for awhile and kinda shutdown all I was doing was going to work, eat, and then to bed. But I am doing better now and have a few updates.

The first update is the upgrade worked, I have stable parameters and no Cyano. I did have a wave of GHA but my turbo snail took care of that and I now have to feed nori so it has enough food.

The parameters lead me to my second update, I finally got an auto dose and while I am still adjusting the dosages the tank is responding well to both changes for 8ncreased stability.

Third update is the sad one ill start with the toll the fight with the cyano had.
I lost my incredible hulk acan, my larger hammer, a couple of zoas, my superman monti.
While not lost my 3 pieces of redcap monti are in really bad shape, as well as my other monti's are rough but doing well and will recover.
I also thought I lost my red and blue acan but it has since 5 out of 10 heads made it but had withdrawn completely inside.
Finally the saddest news and completely my fault as I didn't quarantine is i lost my platinum clown known as lightning to marine ich when I purchased a coral beauty angel.

The fourth update is i managed to get a couple heads of some kind of orange bounce shroom if I'm not wrong.

And now some pics

20200830_204131.jpg 20200830_204142.jpg 20200830_204200.jpg 20200830_204251.jpg 20200830_204259.jpg 20200830_204311.jpg 20200830_204324.jpg 20200830_204330.jpg 20200830_204353.jpg 20200830_204434.jpg 20200830_204427.jpg 20200830_204415.jpg 20200830_204400.jpg 20200830_204439.jpg 20200830_204451.jpg 20200830_204513.jpg 20200830_204536.jpg

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to see you're still at it.
Yeah and im finally getting somewhere with it. Like i said in the update I still need to fine tune the dosing but at this point im just giving the tank time to process out the ich which without the fish for hosts should have already happened but better safe than sorry. I will be setting the 14 gallon back up in the next couple months as a quarantine tank. So that I can bring in a pair of Maroon Clowns. Hopefully soon I will have more to post.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a while back my Evo went through a similar quiet period when I got Montipora Eating Nudibranch - Phestilla subodiosus. That literally eat a lot of my corals at the time and reefing was not fun. It actually also had spread to my first Fusion 20 at the time. I had let my tank go for a brief period. Definitely frustrating...so I understand the challenges.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a while back my Evo went through a similar quiet period when I got Montipora Eating Nudibranch - Phestilla subodiosus. That literally eat a lot of my corals at the time and reefing was not fun. It actually also had spread to my first Fusion 20 at the time. I had let my tank go for a brief period. Definitely frustrating...so I understand the challenges.
Sorry to hear that and i read through the feed for your Consolidater build sounds good there.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my parameters stable and only needing really small changes I made a large coral purchase today and will unveil what I got when it comes in.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I had been expecting my order this past saturday but was informed that fedex saturday delivery is unavailable in my area so UniqueCorals refunded my delivery charge and rescheduled for my next day off which is today at this point. And I can't wait as I got some wishlist pieces that im extremely excited about. Hint one of them is a golden hammer coral.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have one update on the tank itself as sonce i updated and said something about the mushroom i have since realized that it is a yuma not a bounce. My bad as i never really got into mushrooms but i couldnt pass this one as i got it for $18/ head at my lfs. All the existing coral are growing again except for the red caps but im afraid they are too far gone to recover.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bonus that @uniquecorals threw in my order. And it is phenomenal looking. P.S. if anyone from Uniquecorals reads this can you tell me which coral this is it looks so good im curious.

20200910_175100.jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bonus that @uniquecorals threw in my order. And it is phenomenal looking. P.S. if anyone from Uniquecorals reads this can you tell me which coral this is it looks so good im curious.

20200910_175100.jpg
I think it's the gold spec zoa (not an official name) like mine (below is an older pic of it starting to grow up the glass) - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-rc-fluval-evo-13g.291996/page-9#lg=thread-291996&slide=32
IMG_20190630_210153.jpg

They're pretty easy once they settled in and looks nice with the gold speckle look.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back