OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's the gold spec zoa (not an official name) like mine (below is an older pic of it starting to grow up the glass) - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-rc-fluval-evo-13g.291996/page-9#lg=thread-291996&slide=32
IMG_20190630_210153.jpg

They're pretty easy once they settled in and looks nice with the gold speckle look.
Thanks man and those look awesome.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have an update, due to work i haven't had a chance to actually place the coral till today. Unfortunately the odd eye favia i order didnt handle the stress of shipping well but hadnt died yet when i received it, so I put it in tank and gave it a chance to come back but it did not. I also lost another of my order thanks to turbo snails nicknamed the bulldozer twins as they pushed it into the shadows and i didnt notice. The coral i lost to them was the marbled favia.

As i was placing coral i realized my existing aquascape which i really liked could not fit everything safely. So i did what anyone would do and reworked the aquascape instead of a arch with a zoa garden island, I now have four island in different sizes.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have an update, due to work i haven't had a chance to actually place the coral till today. Unfortunately the odd eye favia i order didnt handle the stress of shipping well but hadnt died yet when i received it, so I put it in tank and gave it a chance to come back but it did not. I also lost another of my order thanks to turbo snails nicknamed the bulldozer twins as they pushed it into the shadows and i didnt notice. The coral i lost to them was the marbled favia.

As i was placing coral i realized my existing aquascape which i really liked could not fit everything safely. So i did what anyone would do and reworked the aquascape instead of a arch with a zoa garden island, I now have four island in different sizes.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized i never listed everything i bought. So here it is my Unique Corals order list. All corals were WYSIWYG except for the green aussie toadstool leather it was a stock specimen.

Pink Pocillopora 2.5" Frag**
UC Fireworks Micro Lord 1" Frag
Marbled Favia 1" Frag RIP*
Odd Eye Favia 1" Frag RIP*
Maricultured Birdsnest Coral 3" Colony**
Sockeye Favia 1" Frag
Gold Eye Psammacora 1" Frag
Armor of Gods Palys 6 Head Frag
Blow Pop Palys 13 Head Frag
Ultra Orange Hammer Coral 2" Frag***
Orange Eye Acan Echinata 1" Frag
UC Tanzanite Favia 1" Frag
Red Velvet Micro Lord Frag
Ultra Maze Coral 1" Frag***
Aussie Neon Green Polyp Toadstool 4" - 5" Stock Specimen

* See previous post

** Did Not expect these 2 to be so big. They are one of the reasons i had to redo aquascape.

*** These 2 have always been bucket list coral for me.

OP
OP
Krokilus

Krokilus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did not take a picture of the war of god palys or leather as they are still angry and slowly open8ng back up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back