• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Acan Growout

OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill snap some pics when I
Get home today. I was looking at everything last night and they look great. The master still has the two full adult polyps, but the baby polyps are getting much larger. I think there are a couple of other babies around the edges.

OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry for the black out. I've been crazy busy setting up my new apartment as well as trying to figure out what I'm doing at this new job. On top of that I'm trying to figure out a new tank set-up so the only think I've been paying attention to are the sale threads looking for good deals on lights and pumps.

Acans: So I had to make a quick decision about keeping them where they were or shipping them off to someone. I spoke with Jorge about the condition of his system and it turns out everything came back to normal. Right before I left I made the drive up to Chicago with all of the acans and put them back into his set-up.

Sorry for not consulting the group before making the decision, but I felt like this was a better option than shipping them off again since the drive only took 2 hours for me.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys sorry for delay. I've been busy with work, school, kids... Etc etc. I managed to snap some pics and will get them up ASAP.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iPhone shots. Camera MIA (wife took)
8EEAF54F-EB34-4DBA-B852-0EBCCA5CDD71-396-0000000263EDD6F6_zps8100619a.jpg

6BA0C494-C877-4ED9-A6E6-B6CB9B680F87-396-000000025D0CE30C_zpse2871de7.jpg

5BE694EB-8F2A-4A49-ACBF-2F0BA6DF6F4F-396-0000000253C8BA8A_zps9cb0ab43.jpg

I'll get better pics this weekend

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're looking pretty good. Have you seen any new growth since you last had them? And how do the master acans look? Thanks for the updates and pics.

Last edited:

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're looking pretty good. Have you seen any new growth since you last had them? And how do the master acans looking? Thanks for the updates and pics.

I've had them for short period.. And not gonna lie. Didn't take before and after shots. But now they are in new home under t5's again.... So they should start growing again and color up. I'm hopping this doesn't drag on too much longer. But u never know. I'm gonna try and feed again like before my tank issues. That cursed tank is gone!

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys been a while since I posted. Couple of issues. Some of these are not so happy into tank. Besides the 2 we lost already.. A couple others are starting to dwindle. Have no clue why bc the master scoly has gotten even bigger. Like 8-10 polyps (i even fragged in half and moved to another tank in case) Makes no sense to me but since I really would hate to lose all these. I am willing to ship the remaining ones to someone. I have like 3 tanks but I don't wanna lose them. Is there any volunteers? Richie said he would take but he also wanted u guys to know he has LEDs. Still have 8 strong out of the 13, 2 lost, other 3 on way out... But maybe saveable.

How many do we have left now? I just noticed this said "out of the 13" but we started with 14.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many do we have left now? I just noticed this said "out of the 13" but we started with 14.

U are correct sir. I think when I posted that I was off by one. As far as which ones we have left. I need to look bc some have morphed being under LEDs... But now under t5's they will change back... I'll get better pics and u guys can see this weekend

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I caught that when it was posted and brought attention to it trying to understand the mixup. I looked back and its on page eight toward the bottom that mentions the loss of two for sure and three that were on the way out and the miscount of 13 instead of 14 question. Still excited about the remaining eight thanks again for growing these out guys. I have to ask though when do we get our master acans haha.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to figure out where the 14th frag went. The last pictures Jorge posted (post 148) had 14 different pics and the first pic Richie posted (post 161) does only show 8. So did we actually lose 6 of the 14? Post 155 shows where Jorge said he may have miss counted and needed to make sure and get names but I don't see a follow up on that. I'm not upset at all or anything. I just noticed one is missing. It's hard to tell what is what without names and the morphing.

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don't think there was a follow up to tracking down the right number and I agree I'm not upset either just wanted to get everyone on the same page. Maybe once they start coloring back up we will be able to figure out which ones we had lost and what we still have as of now.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. I do have pics. And the colors have been coming back. I just haven't posted bc I've been back and forth. Don't want to make excuses, but I'll get them up. I'm assuming I counted wrong when I said which ones we lost. But I'll get the pics up ASAP. Then we can figure out which ones we have left.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back