• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Acan Growout

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original Pic:

ehumevam.jpg

The ones I am seeing in the current updated pics:

habu5uda.jpg

The two I know we lost:

za4e3ete.jpg

The three I think you said were on their way out and then we lost:

e2una5um.jpg

The 14th that is maybe missing that looked great in Jorge's update before Richie got them but wasn't in Richie's pics and I don't see in the current update:

3esa2y6y.jpg

What do you guys think? This is accurate in my eyes. Maybe some of you see something different?

Last edited:

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that looks pretty close to me, I like your idea of using the original photo to help narrow down the search though great idea. Now we just need to see if Jorge can confirm what the pictures show, I had a hard time telling a few of the frags apart from his photos since some of the colors have not come back completely yet. Anyone else have some thoughts or corrections?

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that looks pretty close to me, I like your idea of using the original photo to help narrow down the search though great idea. Now we just need to see if Jorge can confirm what the pictures show, I had a hard time telling a few of the frags apart from his photos since some of the colors have not come back completely yet. Anyone else have some thoughts or corrections?

Yeah I'm just waiting for them to color back up. I can somewhat see which ones they are. They are slowly coming back to original color.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just wanted to check in and see if anyone had got the count on the master acan frags. Hope yall had a great Memorial Day too. Thanks.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just wanted to check in and see if anyone had got the count on the master acan frags. Hope yall had a great Memorial Day too. Thanks.

Sorry guys thought I updated.. We have 5 adults 3 babies on the master. It's colored back almost 100%. I'll get some pics of it. But will be this weekend.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys been a while since I posted. Couple of issues. Some of these are not so happy into tank. Besides the 2 we lost already.. A couple others are starting to dwindle. Have no clue why bc the master scoly has gotten even bigger. Like 8-10 polyps (i even fragged in half and moved to another tank in case) Makes no sense to me but since I really would hate to lose all these. I am willing to ship the remaining ones to someone. I have like 3 tanks but I don't wanna lose them. Is there any volunteers? Richie said he would take but he also wanted u guys to know he has LEDs. Still have 8 strong out of the 13, 2 lost, other 3 on way out... But maybe saveable.

I thought there were two frags of the Master now? There was previously 8 to 10 polyps?

OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the one frag when Jorge's tank was having issues. He kept the other in a different tank. I believe the one he kept did not make it.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought there were two frags of the Master? There was previously 8 to 10 polyps?

Yeah I had cut off a small frag to keep in a separate tank. The one I had in my first tank didnt make it. It was a 2p frag. The one I got back from Richie has only popped one baby that I can see.

I don't want u guys to think I'm doing anything shady and willing to ship these out to anyone who wants to house them. I've seen other growouts that turn disastrous. Don't want this to happen in this one.

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the updates, what ended up happening with the frags I've been off the grid for a while sorry. Did I miss the pictures or did they not get posted? Sucks we lost the second master acan frag, hows the current one doing now. Hows your tank been holding up recently Jorge?

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. Need to update pics and we are going to need to talk about doing 2 shipments if we want. Some are ready to go , others still need time.

My tank stable and things looking good.

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two shipments is fine with me as well. Glad the tank is stable and looking forward to the pictures.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok everyone has gotten a video of the acans except pkunk... Shoot me a pm with ur # and I'll shoot it over...

I'll try and send a new update this week so can u guys text me so to make sure I still have everyone's number.

austx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos looked great, any more updates for us Jorge? Ready whenever everyone else is for the first shipment if you've gto time to frag and let them heal in the next month or so.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back