• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I have started to dip the Bahamma Mamma in Coral RX once a day to see if it helps. It is still getting worse even in the lower flow. I am going to put it next to a coral that is doing good in the lower flow area and see if that might be a better spot. Hopes are starting to fade on this guy. I just wanted to give you an update. I am trying to save this one. Everybody else is doing great.

joker295

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I have started to dip the Bahamma Mamma in Coral RX once a day to see if it helps. It is still getting worse even in the lower flow. I am going to put it next to a coral that is doing good in the lower flow area and see if that might be a better spot. Hopes are starting to fade on this guy. I just wanted to give you an update. I am trying to save this one. Everybody else is doing great.

fingers cross... try an lugol iodine and let it chill in low light and flow .. too much dipping will stress it out more..

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get you pics in the next day or 2. I manage to pull everything through the small issues. So everything is a live.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys Update time. Everything is stable now and are recovering.

Doomsday (2 eyes)
IMG_0200a.jpg

Orenji (2 eyes)
IMG_0203a.jpg

Tyree Volcano (1 eye)
IMG_0208a.jpg

Dynamite (3 eyes)
IMG_0209a.jpg

Bahama Mama (1 eye - Recovering)
IMG_0205a.jpg

Last edited:

joker295

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys wanted to let you know I sold my spot to dwilliams87 ... Good luck with the grow out... Looking good :bigsmile:

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI that wafer algae (lobophora) will inhibit the growth of your frags. I would highly recommend trying to remount that frag. I Unfortunately have this in my system and luckily naso tangs devour it which I have. If you cannot get the frag off, try using a razor blade to slice the algae off.

34010d1343436831-ktars-dynamite-chalice-fragment-small-part-img_0209a.jpg

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to stop in and say hey to everyone after buying joker's spot. Great looking chalices. Keep up the good work jerwin.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks dnov99. I am going to clean all of the disks before I putty around the corals. I held off doing that because I wanted to make sure I did not stress out the corals any more then they were with the issues. Now I feel that has been resolved I will be working on getting them all cleaned and puttied. Thanks for the advice. if you have any more I am always open to listen to them.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as I have not spoken to any of you gentlemen, when is this growout expected to be finalized? Obviously it's not down to a science, but since I'm just getting in this thing, I was wondering what your expectaions are.

Thanks
Daniel

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as I have not spoken to any of you gentlemen, when is this growout expected to be finalized? Obviously it's not down to a science, but since I'm just getting in this thing, I was wondering what your expectaions are.

Thanks
Daniel

At least a year

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 164 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 30 9.1%
Back