Kungfujoe720's Mini Reef

kungfujoe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2009
Messages
428
Reaction score
43
Location
San Jose California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Only a hand full of people out there know me but I've been a member on here for quite some time. I use to have a 90 gallon thread on here but a few years ago had to tear it down. I started a 22 gallon cadlight system about 8 months ago.

When I first started the tank I decided to use tonga branch because it will help me maximize flow through out the tank. I also wanted to do an sps dominated tank for the challenge.

Here are a few pictures about a month or so in.

Here is a FTS!


Here is a closer FTS!


Here is a photo of the left side.


Here is a close up of the right side!


Finally here is the top of the tank.
 
Last edited:
Oh snap Joe's back in the game. Not sure if it was you but was your last tank a Tonga Branch scape?
 
Sure no problem. For the past year I have been using 3x 150 kessil LED fixtures, a tunez auto top off, an MP10 and the basic filtration from the cadlight. I think part of the reason my tank is doing pretty well is my 1 gallon a day water changes.

I will be posting pictures of the coral soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new