OP
K

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The banner is fitting, since it works, but it sure as heck isn't finished. No leaks on any of the bulkheads, or threaded fittings to the shut-off valves / gate valve. Just a plain 3/4 vinyl tubing feed line and a 1" vinyl tubing durso drain to keep the water turning over.

Looking at the butcher job of plumbing on the DT, I may have to re-do most of that as well to accommodate the extra piping when it's plumbed in finally. At any rate, the tank is wet, no leaks, is plumbed into my DT, total water volume is approx 150gallons while running now, and some fish I had to re-home are going to be much happier tomorrow morning when I move them over.

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some time on my hands in between doing some other family duties:

frag_rack_90_2
by Kyl, on Flickr

frag_rack_90_1
by Kyl, on Flickr

frag_rack_90_legs_1
by Kyl, on Flickr

frag_rack_90_legs_2
by Kyl, on Flickr

Slowly cleaning up the DT, going to remote the entire pocillipora colony as I'm tired of it blasting babies all over the tank, and I want to put some of the acros there eventually. Also need to break up the giant monticap to the side of it. Birdsnest was shaded by an acclimation box for a month or so, the center died out but I have like 20" worth of frags to keep part of and sell off the rest.

Eventually I want to get a Zenreef rack done for the middle, but for now this black egg crate with my printed legs will work fine. Now to just find some coral tongs that are longer than 10" heh.

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of an expansion taking place. I had put the KHD off for until such time as the DT would start getting larger alk demands, and that's started to happen now with some pruning of the colonies and shuffling some more things into the frag system. A bit too much over-thinking things to begin with, coupled with an oops for horizontal space made a plan B layout required.

Almost completely done, just have to mount the two return controllers to the front door panel and swap out some too long power cords in behind what's hidden, and the cabinet should finally be done.

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like a guy in a van offering you candy, if someone offers a free pocillopora frag, JUST SAY NO!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back