Kyros Deep Blue Chiller not powering on

christianleo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Kyros Deep Blue Aquarium Chiller. Mine suddenly will not power on and was wondering does anyone have any advice of how to repair it or what I could look into as to why it won't power on. Anything will help. Thank you

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most commonly either a fuse but my guess would be capacitor, they swell up with heat and go bad.

Look for something that looks like this.

capacitor.jpg

OP
OP
christianleo

christianleo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most commonly either a fuse but my guess would be capacitor, they swell up with heat and go bad.

Look for something that looks like this.

capacitor.jpg
Thank you so much for replying. I most certainly will tomorrow. I really appreciate you informing me about this. If the problem is the capacitor where you suggest I could find replacement part?

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the capacitor there will be information about how many ferrets etc, if you can find any capacitor with that number it will work, its just a storage bank when system kicks on it needs a lot of juice and capacitor provides that. (in simple words)

Very commonly found online, just a simple google with the correct ferret info will bring tons of pages, and prices are cheap.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure to take a pic or 2 of the setup before you unplug any wires from it. this way you know what goes where, and take pics of the sticker with specs so we can also guide you for what to look for.

OP
OP
christianleo

christianleo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure to take a pic or 2 of the setup before you unplug any wires from it. this way you know what goes where, and take pics of the sticker with specs so we can also guide you for what to look for.
Gotcha. This is perfect help. Pics will be taken and I’ll post them when I get off work later today

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back