KZ Acroglow

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone given this a try? Was thinking about trying this since I'm using their 4 part coral color system with great results. Seems promising but I haven't been able to find any feedback on it.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This product was introduced recently so I doubt many reviews will be available.
I was searching for the same and only found your thread on the forum.
Will be interested if you found more about this by now.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the coral system working for you? What size tank do you have? I just ordered the 500ml system today for my 220. Hopping for great result. Did you see any swings in your alk, calcium or magnesium?

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hows the coral system working for you? What size tank do you have? I just ordered the 500ml system today for my 220. Hopping for great result. Did you see any swings in your alk, calcium or magnesium?
My current tank is 75g. And I like the KZ 4 part. I noticed a difference in my corals around the second week of using it. I'm not sure if I would use it in a 220 to be honest just because of the cost. I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180 and was having second thoughts about continuing to use it.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current tank is 75g. And I like the KZ 4 part. I noticed a difference in my corals around the second week of using it. I'm not sure if I would use it in a 220 to be honest just because of the cost. I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180 and was having second thoughts about continuing to use it.

At 30ml a week of each part, equaling 150 gallons worth, I'll get 4 months out of it. If I drop it to 25ml a week, equaling 125 gallons worth, I can stretch it to 5 months. The tank is an older Oceanic 84x24x25 but when plugged into a aquarium volume calculator it comes out to 209 gallons. I figured with sand, rock and coral displacement there is around 170-180 gallons including the sump water as well. I did consider using other brands out there. Either the Triton Core7 or even the Red Sea Color Program but found that they want the tank parameter in a certain range before starting the products where the KZ doesn't have anything stated to that fact. With the tank doing so well now I didn't want to start tweaking parameter's just to start implementing one of these systems. If I see great result within the first 4-5 months of using this product I'll consider the overall long term cost for the 220, which isn't going to be cheap, but will also ask more questions and do some research into the Triton Core7 and Red Sea Program. For now being that I own a small business these products would just be a write off at the end of the year anyway LOL

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a quick look this morning, no matter if I go Triton Core7 or Red Sea Color Program each will run any where from $101-108 per ever 4-5 months where the KZ is $125 for 5 months at 25ml a week. If the KZ works and other programs are meant to be the same with similar results, then it honestly doesn't look like there is a cheaper way of doing it. With only a $20 different using the KZ system I'll likely stick with that if I see the results Im looking for.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Bump. Anyone with results? ;)
Too early to tell with the KZ Coral Program as its only been three weeks. But Ive been closely monitoring my Nitrates and Phosphates and used some Phosguard to drop the phosphates as I've found they were reading a .1 with the Hanna checker. Since they dropped to .025 and dosing the KZ I've seen epic polyp extension on my SPS Milli's and my JF Chili Pepper is doing amazing. Everything else in the 220 already looked good so not much else to report. I did purchase a RedSea Nitrate test kit and Im reading 0 so order some Sodium Nitrate to get that up to 3-5ppm. From what I read at that point color and growth should be sweet.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, has anyone been using this KZ Acroglow on consisted basis?
Any results so far?

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the acroglow but I've been using the KZ 4 part on my 220 for just over 5 months now with no water changes. I have been dosing 30ml once a week and closely monitoring my nitrate and phosphates with phenomenal results

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the acroglow but I've been using the KZ 4 part on my 220 for just over 5 months now with no water changes. I have been dosing 30ml once a week and closely monitoring my nitrate and phosphates with phenomenal results
I am also dosing the KZ4 part. At least I guess it is the same product. I use the KZ 1+2+3+4 color bottles.
My tank is about total volume 180g and I was dosing 3ml of each bottle a day. Recently I changed the dosing to 4ml a dya.
But the Acroglow is still something different... special for the Fiji and Aussie colours. Just asking for some info.

How do you mean phenomenal results? Growth and/or colours?

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also dosing the KZ4 part. At least I guess it is the same product. I use the KZ 1+2+3+4 color bottles.
My tank is about total volume 180g and I was dosing 3ml of each bottle a day. Recently I changed the dosing to 4ml a dya.
But the Acroglow is still something different... special for the Fiji and Aussie colours. Just asking for some info.

How do you mean phenomenal results? Growth and/or colours?

At the moment I mean color. I contribute my growth to the overall stability of the tank and the control of both phosphate and nitrates in the tank. Once I got those parameters in check the growth has been amazing. The addition of the KZ product giving back what the water changes have been missing has been a nice improvement. I do believe Ive seen a nice increase in color since starting the program 5 months ago. I have a yellow tort sps that has some stunning yellow POP and a Mother of Pear that has some epic blue/purple pop and I contribute that to the KZ.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back