KZ Coral Booster

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going through an issue with montipora eating nudis at the moment. One of the recommendations that I saw online was to use KZ Flatworm Stop along with KZ Coral Booster on a daily basis to try and help the affected corals to deal with the nudis. I have fought nudis in the past, and know that it is a tough battle that is hard to win, short of removing all the montipora from the tank and starving them out. So I figured I would give the KZ products a try and see if they did help the montis during the process of trying to defeat the nudis.

I have been dosing the recommended amount on a daily basis, and I am surprised to see that all my frags appear to be growing faster. Which brings me to my point of discussion, I am wondering what is actually in Coral Booster? I tend to look upon the KZ products with a certain amount of suspicion, as they are usually crazy expensive, and these 2 products are no different. Just over a 3 month supply for my frag tank was $178.00 for the 2 products, so not cheap additives by any measure. As KZ never actually says what is in their products, and instead uses a lot of marketing bafflegab, I expect that they use similar types of ingredients as all the other reef systems vendors. The fact that I am seeing a noticeable improvement in the health and growth of my frags, makes me think, that whatever is actually in the Coral Booster, my tank must have been either lacking in it, or could do with more of it.

I sent in a Triton sample for this tank, but unfortunately it was lost in transit. Once Triton sends me a replacement test kit, I will probably attempt another Triton test on this tank to see if anything jumps out as being low.

Dennis

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going through an issue with montipora eating nudis at the moment. One of the recommendations that I saw online was to use KZ Flatworm Stop along with KZ Coral Booster on a daily basis to try and help the affected corals to deal with the nudis. I have fought nudis in the past, and know that it is a tough battle that is hard to win, short of removing all the montipora from the tank and starving them out. So I figured I would give the KZ products a try and see if they did help the montis during the process of trying to defeat the nudis.

I have been dosing the recommended amount on a daily basis, and I am surprised to see that all my frags appear to be growing faster. Which brings me to my point of discussion, I am wondering what is actually in Coral Booster? I tend to look upon the KZ products with a certain amount of suspicion, as they are usually crazy expensive, and these 2 products are no different. Just over a 3 month supply for my frag tank was $178.00 for the 2 products, so not cheap additives by any measure. As KZ never actually says what is in their products, and instead uses a lot of marketing bafflegab, I expect that they use similar types of ingredients as all the other reef systems vendors. The fact that I am seeing a noticeable improvement in the health and growth of my frags, makes me think, that whatever is actually in the Coral Booster, my tank must have been either lacking in it, or could do with more of it.

I sent in a Triton sample for this tank, but unfortunately it was lost in transit. Once Triton sends me a replacement test kit, I will probably attempt another Triton test on this tank to see if anything jumps out as being low.

Dennis

Other than the marketing blather, I have no idea what it actually is:

KZ Coral Booster is a special blend of elements to stimulate all corals for enhanced coloration, growth and immune response.
  • Works to balance elemental deficiencies
  • Enhances blue and pink coloration
  • Complements Flatworm Stop
  • Provide trace elements for noticeable effects

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back