KZ K supplement

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i noticed my nitrate spike when i dosed KZ K supplement. Went from 21.5 avg to 44.5. I know there are KNO3 stuff out there could that be the cause? KZ K supplement is KNO3?

thanks in advance reefers!

OP
OP
howietumba

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys. I think its due to me removing my sponge filter in the sump that restricts flow in the sump. Now my nitrates are from 35-38 on an every other day basis on me testing. Not sure what else to do. I tried lowering feeding. Im only feeding 3 cubes of hikari a day for a 125g system. I did the biopellet reactor but havent seen a difference yet. Im leaning on trying a algae scrubber but i dont have room in the sump anymore..

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I think its due to me removing my sponge filter in the sump that restricts flow in the sump. Now my nitrates are from 35-38 on an every other day basis on me testing. Not sure what else to do. I tried lowering feeding. Im only feeding 3 cubes of hikari a day for a 125g system. I did the biopellet reactor but havent seen a difference yet. Im leaning on trying a algae scrubber but i dont have room in the sump anymore..
Santa Monica makes some great scrubbers that fit in unique places like floating or on the glass part of the sump. Might not seem like you have room but they have a lot of options for people tight on space

OP
OP
howietumba

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Santa Monica makes some great scrubbers that fit in unique places like floating or on the glass part of the sump. Might not seem like you have room but they have a lot of options for people tight on space
mind sending me a link please? I was looking on getting the Cw100 thats why.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mind sending me a link please? I was looking on getting the Cw100 thats why.

They have magnetic glass ones, floating ones and trickle down. I have two surfs and it's so much better than CW which I've had before. They grow great and the harvesting is the easiest I've seen by far

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back