KZ Zeovit.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shankpa1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shankpa1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
51
Reaction score
17
Location
Lebanon New Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am posting this here because for some reason, Im not getting the activation email for KZ Zeovit forum.

Anyway, 200g sps dominant. Nitrates 30ppm and not dropping after 6 weeks of dosing zeostart (1.6ml) and zeofood(.6ml) per day. Should I up the dose?
 

  • I am posting this here because for some reason, Im not getting the activation email for KZ Zeovit forum.

    Anyway, 200g sps dominant. Nitrates 30ppm and not dropping after 6 weeks of dosing zeostart (1.6ml) and zeofood(.6ml) per day. Should I up the dose?
    Dose vodka
 
Stop dosing zeofood. I wouldn’t dose zs3 over than recommend. Are you using zeolites?
 
Yes I am using them. I guess I don’t understand why I can’t increase the carbon source if it’s not working. I’m dosing everything according to the method.
 
If you have a heavy bioload and/or feed heavily you may have nitrates. What else are you dosing/feeding?
 
ZeoStart 3 and bacteria supplement will help digest the nitrates
 
I’d recommend some water changes and slow down on feeding so heavily until nitrate comes down. Make sure your zeolite amount and flow through the reactor is correct. If the system is still relatively new it isn’t recommended to dose any of the extra foods until NO3/PO4 is low. If you’re not already dosing bak 3 times a week, do it. The zeovit forum is going to ask you everything about your tank and dosing schedule. I’ve never seen anyone recommend dosing zs3 more than directed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new