LandenB's 30 gallon Reef

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: JBJ 30g Rimless AIO
Filtration: InTank media basket, 1 stock media basket, filter floss, Chemi-pure elite, 19lbs of liverock, 25lbs of livesand
Lighting: AI Prime HD
Flow: 2 stock return pumps, Vortech MP10 wqd
Livestock: Davinchi Clownfish, Phanton Clownfish, Blue Flasher Wrasse, SPS , LPS, Softies, GBTA

8/2/2016

9/10/2016

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks nice!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome:) I have the JBJ 30 gal. As well, it's been up and running since Feb. 2016 and really like it but I wish I would have listened to some of the members who suggested( strongly:D) that I go bigger, as the tank I had upgraded from was 8 gals. I thought 30 was big enough. :rolleyes: I have the kessil 160 tuna blue and the kessil 360 w and still don't like the shadow I get. Do you feel you get enough coverage with the aI prime HD? Not running A protein skimmer? I didn't for a while but my bio load is pretty heavy now. :rolleyes: Your tank looks awesome! If you have any questions PM and I'd be happy to help and if I can't there's others with the same tank that I'm sure can. :)

OP
OP
LandenB

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! :)Yeah the coverage looks good with the Prime but I am not sure it is putting out the PAR numbers I would like to see. Nothing botters me shadow wise. I may upgrade to the Hydra26 if I don't see the growth I would like to or a EcoTech G4 fixture as the lighting is supposed to look a little better. I really like the control and custom setting you can achieve with these AI's tho.

I got the 30 for the fact i'd rather have an aquarium that looks too full of coral then empty. Then again, Im quickly running out of space! I should probably slow down and let it mature a bit before I go anymore crazy. I'll probably add more live rock as some point for coral placement. :)

What skimmer do you have? im thinking about the tunze 9004. Not sure if it is the youth of my tank or what but cyno on the sand is growing more rapidly then II would like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LandenB

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly I think I havent bought a protien skimmer yet bc deep inside im deathly afraid of micro bubbles

OP
OP
LandenB

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your looking at your tank all saturday and decide to make a video lol

OP
OP
LandenB

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stuff!!!
5df18af17352ea53125289f8605b9e16.jpg

Ricardo Berrios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Do you have or had any issues with keeping water clear i have the same tank and my water is always dirty with stuff floating around and looks like micro bubbles too, i just sealed all possible air intakes for bubbles today but now is the dirty stuff thats just too annoying! I dont know whats going on.

I really need some help my old tank was cystal clear and it was a hang on the back overflow. In this one i cant seem to have a clean water no even when every pump is turned off.

OP
OP
LandenB

LandenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Do you have or had any issues with keeping water clear i have the same tank and my water is always dirty with stuff floating around and looks like micro bubbles too, i just sealed all possible air intakes for bubbles today but now is the dirty stuff thats just too annoying! I dont know whats going on.

I really need some help my old tank was cystal clear and it was a hang on the back overflow. In this one i cant seem to have a clean water no even when every pump is turned off.

I mean my tank is not crystal clear. I have my MP10 up just three dots away from full throttle so sand gets thrown up when it pulses, especially since I just moved my rocks around and the sand scape is adjusting. The only time I see micro bubbles is when the flow on my return pulls down air from the surface and spits it down into the tank. This happens almost once a minute but not many bubbles are thrown into the display. what kind of flow are you running on your tank? are bubbles being pushed in from the sump side? are you running a protein skimmer?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back