Lani's humble 10gal

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! The 40 breeder was put on auto-pilot for a couple of years because life was hectic.. many of you who have been reefing for a while have experienced the burn-out period as well, but I downgraded to a 10gal and my interest has returned! All that was left from the 40br was able to fit in this tank, except for the maxi nems which went into an 8gal biorb. I've been struggling with cyano and finally broke down and used chemiclean. Now that the cyano is gone, the evil pink fluffy algae (red cottonball algae) has returned, but the mexican turbos are eating it. Other than that, things seem to be doing pretty well. Thanks for looking. :)

10gal. aga
Current Sundial 4x24w
AC70 hob
Hydor THEO 50w heater
Koralia nano

Fish:
2x onyx perc (I rised from fry)
1x royal gramma

IMG_3558_zps3dffa4ff.jpg

Mhttp://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_3558_zps3dffa4ff.jpg.htmlore pics.

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I can't find the words to say to explain how impressed I am right now.

That little 10g is BEA-U-TI-FUL!

Manaz101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, ironically enough, you and I have very similar stories and setups! I too have a 10 gallon with 2 clowns & 1 Royal gramma and an empty 40 breeder, yet my 10 is less as impressive as yours is! I wish I had growth like! I can't get gsp to grow like others for some reason, but xenias is another story.

As stated already, very nice tank!

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh its ok
lol thanks, punk. :p

Wow, ironically enough, you and I have very similar stories and setups! I too have a 10 gallon with 2 clowns & 1 Royal gramma and an empty 40 breeder, yet my 10 is less as impressive as yours is! I wish I had growth like! I can't get gsp to grow like others for some reason, but xenias is another story.

As stated already, very nice tank!
Well thank you very much! The star polyp rock was already filled out when I transferred it to this tank, but in the year since then it has been spreading across the back wall pretty nicely. I'm the opposite of you, my xenia is really tame compared to the star polyps! Do you have a thread for your 10gal?

Manaz101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thank you very much! The star polyp rock was already filled out when I transferred it to this tank, but in the year since then it has been spreading across the back wall pretty nicely. I'm the opposite of you, my xenia is really tame compared to the star polyps! Do you have a thread for your 10gal?

No, I don't, I never started one since it was only suppose to be temporary, but I plan to create one for my 40 breeder in the coming months. I'm working on the stand right now.

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! Small and Beautiful!! You have some skills with a Camera too!! Cant wait to see a tank thread!!

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow nice setup I too have been in a reef funk and have my 10gal tank sitting idol with water in it just sitting since the pc’s went out need to replace them with led’s . I get where your coming from..your photog skills are impressive what setup are you shooting with?
good luck and cannot wait to see your 40 when it goes up with those pic skills applied.

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, your pic's are perfect tens! Looking good!
What a beautiful tank!!!
Thanks guys! :)

wow nice setup I too have been in a reef funk and have my 10gal tank sitting idol with water in it just sitting since the pc’s went out need to replace them with led’s . I get where your coming from..your photog skills are impressive what setup are you shooting with?
good luck and cannot wait to see your 40 when it goes up with those pic skills applied.
Thank you! Yeah, seems to happen to a lot of us, but I'm back in the game again! I'm shooting with a Canon T2i and Canon 100mm (non-L) macro lens. The fish shots were taken using a Canon 430EX speedlite on a wired hot-shoe, held away from the cam.
The 40br was taken down a couple of years ago, but I do plan on setting it up again in the next year or two, as a penninsula style AIO!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have two types of Star Polyps? One appears green and one almost purple, or is that the angle. Your clown looks either very fat or about spawn lol.
The tank is fantastic and the images just stunning.

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its two types of star polyps, the normal green and some brown/purple depending on the lighting. They started off separate, but have since grown together and intertwined. :)

Yeah, I was overfeeding the fish quite a bit. I put them on a diet recently, lol! I raised them both from fry, and they are about 2-2.5 years old.

Thanks! :)

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back