OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! When I first read this (half asleep), I thought you said the 201 will be even better! I thought for a second that you were going big time on us. More coffee needed to wake up. :)
lol, Gary, I know how that is! I just finished my cup of coffee too. I usually don't fully wake up until around noon :p
I wish I could do a big tank, that'd be awesome, but not yet!

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever used seachem purigen? I have 20 gal that has the same issues.
Ah, no, I've never used anything like that. Regular water changes have been keeping it to a minimum. :)

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! How about an updated FTS? :)
Thank you and sure thing! I'll snap one when the lights come back on tomorrow. There is a hunk of star polyps missing from the back wall though, lol. Most of it I'm giving away but the rest will be chopped into rough patches and glued all over the new 20L's back wall! :)

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's a quick FTS from today. Of course the toadstool didn't want to open. :/

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
star polyps took over! lol
looks nice and mature tho! :)

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those star polyps had been growing for over a year and half and had never been trimmed, so not as invasive as in some people's tanks, thankfully! Today this tank came down and everything was transferred to a 20L!

Last view of the 10gal yesterday:

First view of the 20L today:

New tank thread soon! Thanks to everyone who followed this tank :)

Last edited:

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the rebel do well with scenery? Sorry to ask but my wife wants a camera to do photography for a hobby and I'd like to use it for the reef tank. Will the rebel be a good choice for both? She hasn't really dropped any hints on a camera she wanted. Of course I know which cameras are good for coral macro but not scenery.(Sorry to get off topic from the thread)

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the rebel do well with scenery? Sorry to ask but my wife wants a camera to do photography for a hobby and I'd like to use it for the reef tank. Will the rebel be a good choice for both? She hasn't really dropped any hints on a camera she wanted. Of course I know which cameras are good for coral macro but not scenery.(Sorry to get off topic from the thread)
All DSLRs, like the Rebel line, are good for any and every type of photography. The lenses are the important factor! For landscapes you'll want a wider angle lens, and the kit lenses that come with the camera bodies are usually good for beginners to get their feet wet. For corals, you'll really want to look into getting a macro lens, like my 100mm, but they are a little pricey. My non-IS 100mm was around $500. HTH!

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been looking at prices lol. Shouldnt be a big problem. But thank you and hope you fill that tank up like you did the 10g. Love the 20l

OP
OP
Lalani

Lalani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, just took some pics of the 20L so a new thread will be posted tonight!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%
Back